Apologies for absence

Options

I'm sorry. I've not been back since the new look forum began and I still won't be. I took advantage of the forum being down to crack on with stuff I should have been cracking on with for 12 months. It will take some time yet. It has probably begotten more work and, with the advent of coronavirus, tons more stuff has rocked up which needs doing urgently.

I admit I have no incentive to return. I have tried not to dislike the new-look forum but I see nothing that I regard as improvements and several 'disimprovements'. Nevertheless, I wish you all well. Stay safe. Be sensible and, as Private(?) Jones used to say 'Don't panic'. Keep taking the immuno-suppressants (unless your rheumatologist advises otherwise) and keep washing your hands. Mine currently resemble pan scrubs but, hey, it's a small price to pay.  

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Dear Sticky

I am so sorry that you feel like this, I wish there was some way I could help so you would be able to stay with us, if you can think of anything please send me a message and I'm your girl!

Spring is a time of new beginnings - we are trying to get out in the garden every day, there's always lots to do there and I feel very privileged having one in the current times. However if you want to return at any time in the future you will be made more than welcome

With love

Yvonne x

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

No need to apologise old girl (as we say in this household), it is nice though to nearly vada your dolly old eek (Polari from Round the Horn, meaning it is nice to nearly see your pretty little face. I nearly didn't recognise you 😗)

Having been using this new forum for a while I can see how it will cause trouble for people using touchscreens (such as me) whose fingers are prone to leading a life of their own (like yours). The stuff I have inadvertantly set going, deleted and the time it takes the thing to load are all causes of irritation (or maybe I am just a grumpy old moo). I am being here less too as I have found other things to occupy my time instead of repeating the same stuff ad nauseam. I did enough of that when I was teaching.

Take care in these complicated times. Isn't it fun watching the amateurs trying to live cleaner lives? 😂 Just for once it is life, Jim, as we know it. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options

Dear Mrs SW,

I'm late to respond to this post because I hoped the kind words of Yvonne and DD might prompt a change of heart. But it seems such hope is in vain.

I don't think there's anything useful I can add to what's already been said, but I just wanted to thank you for being the first person to respond to my tentative first post here and for helping me and so many other people on our creaky way.

Best wishes,

Phee

PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)