How does anyone else get on with sexual intercourse

How does anyone else get on with sexual intercourse, in regards to pain and lack of flexibility

Comments

• ajolly
    ajolly Member Posts: 59

Hi @tinamayo,

Welcome to the forum. Chronic pain can impact all aspects of our lives, including our relationships.

I found two links from the Versus Arthritis website which you may find useful on this topic. I think it is important to be prepared to talk openly with a partner about your concerns. I'm sure our members here may also jump in and share their experience with you.

Please feel free to take a look around the various discussions on the forum and join in wherever you feel comfortable.

Thanks,

Alice

• silverfoxxxx
    silverfoxxxx Member Posts: 131
    Hi,
    Never an easy subject but as above it’s all about communication, you need to be open with each other and both understanding of each other’s needs. I’ve found this out more recently as my pain had worsened to the point of me putting it off due to pain on my part and made me feel awful and depressed due to not being able to. But once I got over my own mind talk and sat and talked it all through with my partner we have found ways to work around the issues. On a good day we make the most of it, and on a bad day where the pain is just to much, so she washes her hair or applies her fake tan instead, lol.