Knee after a fall

Options
I had an x-ray after falling down 14 car park stairs and was told I had medial & patellofemoral compartment degeneration. Never had pain previous to this fall (2yr ago) I now have daily pain and bad stiffness. I can't kneel down, struggle in and out of the bath and suffering with restless legs. They constantly click and I'm sure this fall caused arthritis. I'm in so much pain all day with it especially at night. OTC painkillers don't work.

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    Options

Hi Karen,

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum.

I’m sorry to hear about what was obviously a very nasty accident plus your subsequent diagnosis which has left you with daily pain.

You may find some useful information on out main website to help with the management of your condition such as https://www.versusarthritis.org/search?query=Knee+pain+-+Apatella+TM

I would encourage you to fully participate within the forum as there will no doubt be other members with similar experiences to share.

You can also call our free Helpline on 0800 5200 520, or email helpline@versusarthritis.org (Mon - Fri 9:00am – 8:00pm) if you ever feel the need.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm