Coronavirus and the social impacts on disabled people in Great Britain

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

That makes VERY interesting reading Mike!

I had to smile a little at non-disabled adults feeling 'a lack of freedom and independence' more than those who have a disability.

We are used to it!

having said that I personally have felt a REAL impact. I haven't entered a supermarket at all and will not do so for some time I'm sure. I hated not being able to shop for myself although that has improved now I can shop online at least. I felt my independence and dignity was being stripped.

Anyway thanks Mike.

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    edited 14. Jun 2020, 18:21

Hi Frogmorton, I had to laugh at parts of it as well, like you especially at the bit about "non-disabled adults feeling 'a lack of freedom and independence' more than those who have a disability"; this is probably because they are not used to it. I have said before that the lock-down means virtually no change to my normal life anyway, stuck indoors in agony most of the time! I have been going spare today, a lack of sleep as usual but I have been going spare, unable to settle or do anything, even watching TV has wound me up today.

• KazandNoo
    KazandNoo Member Posts: 129

Hope things are a little better for you today,Mike1 🙋‍♀️ Cats are very aware so I'm sure Vixen will help.

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

It makes perfect sense for those without serious health issues to feel the effects of lockdown more keenly - like many on here I have noticed very little difference to my life but for others it must be very hard. They will soon forget it though, as the restrictions are eased because they will then be able to moan about other aspects of their appallingly restricted lives. People like moaning especially when they have little to moan about. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben