dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

Nope. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Nor me😁

• KazandNoo
    KazandNoo Member Posts: 129

Me neither. Can you imagine it? I can,that's why I'm not going,nothing I need that can't wait a good while.

• Crookesey
    Crookesey Bots Posts: 119

After seeing the horrendously long queue outside Wilco last week, I’m minded not to do any none essential shopping whilst the distancing rules are in force.

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Having seen the horrendous pictures on the news this morning of packed shops and streets with the majority not social distancing and next to nobody wearing a mask the second wave of the virus cannot be far away now. It's a damn good job that I can't get out no matter that staying home is winding me up at times, at least I am safe!

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

Ah, the impatience of the healthy consumer. Unsurprising scenes though, they reflect the ethos of some parts of society as they elbowed their way into Primarni and Sports Direct.

I see that NZ has two new cases of covid related to travel from the UK. I am ashamed. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Crookesey
    Crookesey Bots Posts: 119

DD,

I often wonder why modern governments of all flavours consider themselves experts on all matters, I’m minded for a definition of ‘expert’, this being, Ex being a has-been and Spurt being a drip under pressure.

Why they don’t do the old fashioned thing and leave the real experts to do the job, if they are successful the politicians claim responsibility, conversely if they fail the experts are thrown to the wolves, proper politics.

• Kazza52
    Kazza52 Member Posts: 74

I am not going to the shops anytime soon. I am shielding and I feel safer at home than venturing out, queueing for an excess amount of time with people who may be carrying the virus. If I need anything I order it online from the comfort of my own home. I know shielding is creating problems for people's mental health and wellbeing as well as some people feeling lonely and isolated but I have found that doing word search puzzles helps to alleviate stress and I have just started doing them which I have found to be beneficial.

Take care and stay safe everyone 🐶