Suspected Laberal tear in Hip

Hi Everyone

This is my first post. I have been living with RA etc. for 12 years. Currently I am waiting to speak with the Orthopaedic Surgeon regarding a suspected laberal tear in hip joint. I have had a terrible pain in my groin area, with locking and clicking of the hip for the past six months. I also have been suffering other flare ups and to this end have not been able to sleep for a number of months. This means that I am not energised doing the day. It is stopping me carrying out simple daily tasks. I have recently been prescribed Butec 10mg patches, which don't seem to have helped. They have made me feel a little bit sick and dizzy. Previously, I was on tramadol, which I must say did relax me. Does anyone have similar pain to me? If so, I would be so grateful if you could let me know the medication that you have tried and if I should perhaps try some exercises.

Keep well. Suzanne

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Hi @soman56

Sounds as though you are having a really rough time and have been for a while.

The Butec are a good idea from the point of view that they give 24 hour pain relief. I have experience of them (I found Tramadol made me actually sick🤢 Long story not when I was first on them but once I came off them and needed them only occasionally). The Queasiness you describe on the patches passed for me once I got used to them.

It might be that you need your dose tweaked too it might be worth a chat with your GP and also while you're at it ask for a referral (or the number to self-refer) to physiotherapy. Exercising is good, but I'm sure you want to do the right ones.

My daughter (then 18) had hip surgery and following on from the her other hip became very sore (she walked oddly too) an MRI revealed a tear and it heeled up with physio and time. She took codeine as an when at the time.

Don't know if any of this helped at all.

Best of luck with it all

• soman56
    soman56 Member Posts: 2

My consultant would like to apply for funding for Benepali, has anyone tried this drug.

Suzanne xx