Update on Cervical Spondylosis

Options
Constance
Constance Member Posts: 37
edited 14. May 2021, 12:45 in Living with arthritis

Hello everyone

My latest news is that I have finally been issued with a soft neck collar and find it very useful when neck starts to ache.

I am also very grateful for receiving the link to download for neck exercises from Brynmor which has helped tremendously (wheat bag included). It has taken me two years to get to this stage.

The next step now is to see if we are compatible to receive the vaccine.

Stay safe everyone and take care.

Constance

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

I find that a front fastening collar is best for me due to OA in most other places, I had to get it on-line as the OT could not supply one; she did try adapting one of the collars she had but it did not work.

• Constance
    Constance Member Posts: 37
    Options

I was referred by the spinal clinic Mike1. It was not the OT but was amazed when I had to use Orthotics to get my collar. Perhaps see if you can get a referral and see them to make you up a collar. Don't give up and wish you success in obtaining one which will be more suitable for your use.

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

I have collars thankyou.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    edited 24. Nov 2020, 12:25
    Options

Great news @Constance I am very pleased for you. I bought mine too like Mike myself. Recommended by an 'old' member, Dorcas, who used it when almost recovered from neck surgery. In the event of real trouble I really value it.

Yes fingers crossed we can have the vaccine as soon as possible🤞