Methotrexate

Hi - I have been advised to start taking Methotrexate to help with Palindromic Arthritis/Rheumatoid Arthritis.. I would like to hear about others experience of taking this as there seems to be an awful lot of side effects. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 947
    edited 23. Nov 2020, 20:48

Hi @LY_21 and welcome to the online community,

Starting on a new drug such as methotrexate for your palindromic/rheumatoid arthritis can raise a lot of questions, especially since there is so much information about it on the internet. Hearing from the experience of others who also take the same drug can be really helpful so you've certainly come to the right place since many of our members are taking methotrexate and I'm sure will be happy to share their experience. There have been other threads on similar subjects, so you could have a look at other discussions by typing 'methotrexate' in the search bar on the top left - you can join in discussions that are already taking place. Everyone is very supportive and friendly.

Other members may want to share their story with you, but meanwhile, you might want to have a look at the Versus Arthritis list of common questions about methotrexate :

Do let us know how you're getting on,

Anna : )

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

Hi @LY_21

This might be worth a read?

The members here are very supportive so any problems they will do their best to help/share their experience/tips.

Do let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• LY_21
    LY_21 Member Posts: 4

Good morning much appreciated comments above and I am sure this will help me going forward. Thank you.

• It's really difficult as everyone is so different. I took it, but it sadly although I had few side effects it didn't work very well either for me so it was stopped and I took Lefludamide for years. So its best to be optimistic and just remember that it is a very good and safe drug for thousands of people. The LEF had side effects for a while but they did go and so it really is a wait and see. The drugs don't work quickly either so don't be disappointed if you don't see an improvement straight away.