Numbness in knee

The past couple of days iv been experiencing numbness in my left knee. I have osteoarthritis in both knees, hips and spine. I had meniscus removed February 2019 and my surgeon told me I'd need knee replacement in approx 5 years. I had a monovisc injection in March this year which didn't work. Iv also noticed the skin at the front of my knee is very dry and rough. Anybody had similar experience to This?

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755

Hi @DODGYKNEES

I'm sure you know all about osteoarthritis of the knee as you have a long experience, but there are some ideas here for pain management and gentle exercises you might try whilst waiting for your next consultation:

Numbness in the knee might be caused by any number of related problems. Hoping a member with recent experience is able to help you out.

Best wishes.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Is the numbness permanent or does it come and go? I would be checking with my GP to be on the safe side a bit like a nerve is being impinged...this happens to part of my shoulder and chest when my neck goes.

No harm in a quick call to your GP is there or even a word with your pharmacist if that's easier?

• DODGYKNEES
    DODGYKNEES Member Posts: 90

@frogmorton it comes and goes over the past week. My pain levels seem to have increased also. I have had numbness in my opposite leg previously and musculoskeletal said I had aggravated my sciatic nerve. But this numbness is directly in and around my knee. Weird sensation. Yes I'l contact GP tomorrow. Thanx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Might still be your back though. Worth looking into maybe not super-urgently, but better to know and be on the safe-side.

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458

I’ve got a numb hip and knee, I was told it’s pressure on my spine. It does get worse if I lay on my back, stand up for too long or in one position for longer. Apart from being uncomfortable I usually get a lot of pain in my spine so as soon as it starts then I stop whatever I’m doing I.e. its a good warning symptom.

it’s a grin, honest!