Hip and back osteoarthritis

Options

Hi everybody. I suffer from Thorasic back osteoarthritis and osteoarthritis of the hips.I have been diagnosed with back osteoarthritis since 2010 and hip 8since 2016. I am experiencing a bad flare up of hip pain that just wont ease off. Any advise would be grateful.

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 758
    Options

Hi Paulg

Welcome to the online community, you have suffered with arthritis in both your spine and your hips for a long time now but are experiencing a bad flare up at the moment.

I attach two links to the website which cover both areas and share some separate but also common sections which you might find helpful.

Have you asked your G P or consultant for advice about the flare up. Talking with them may help you recognise a particular trigger that might have provoked the flare up.

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/osteoarthritis-https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/osteoarthritis-oa-

There are many of us in the community who have similar conditions and you have come to the right place for support. I hope that you will let us know how you get on.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Jane ( Moderator)

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options

Factors affecting short term increase in pain could be-

1. overdoing it or change of habits
    2. inflammation
    3. not taking pain killers or change in your regime
    4. weather, see www.cloudywithachanceofpain.com
    5. lack of exercise to support the joints

I could go on but you get the idea, chase up on these thoughts and you may be able to change the cause, except the weather! 😀 An excellent aid is a hot wheat bag, just keep using it through the day. I take mine to bed with me, an excellent remedy for OH s cold feet!

its a grin, honest!