Knee replacement

Options

Hi,

I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthiritis since the age of 18 and its impacted my life massively. I am due to get a double knee replacement within the next 12 months and I am terrified. I am only 30 and most people don't understand the pain I am in but I think the worst thing of all is the constant tiredness. I just wondered if anyone had any advice or information on what to expect ect after the knee replacements.

Thanks x

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 797
    edited 12. Feb 2021, 16:43
    Options

Hi @Rachylou20

Welcome to the online community glad you have found us.

You say that you have had psoratic arthritis since 18 and are now going through a knee replacement.

it is scary contemplating any surgery as i know as i have had 2 knee replacements although not both together a few years apart,i have never regreted it as my quality of life has much improved i am glad to say and after 6 weeks following guide lines and lots of exercises especially for strengthening the knee i was back to a better life.Knee replacement surgery | Treatment options | Versus Arthritis

here is a link that hopefully will help you.

please keeep intouch and why dont you go on to our forums and chat to others all of which are helpful and understanding Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm