Hi there ive just been to the doctors with a very painful heal

Options

she told me to go outside and she would call to tell whats wrong is all she said was go on your website and look for an answer and exersize

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @jjohngolby nice to meet you and welcome you to the Online Community. I am sure you'll find everyone every supportive as you wait for the cause of your extremely painful heel to be diagnosed.

I am attaching a link about foot and ankle pain for you to read while you wait for our members to come along with their own experiences. Foot and ankle pain | Causes, exercises, treatments (versusarthritis.org)

It is rather lengthy, but well worth a read as it has tips about what to do to help yourself, which medical professionals might be able to help as well as information about specific conditions of the feet. One of which might ring a bell with you.

I hope your telephone call from the Dr isn't too long coming.

Best wishes

Ellen

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options

Welcome to the forum form me too.

Don't know if it's relevant @jjohngolby but my husband had plantar fasciitis which I'm sure was his heel.

The Dr advised anti-inflammatory tablets and some exercises. It was very painful as he needs to crouch down often for work or use steps.

Take care

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi Jjohngolby

Thanks for your post to the Helpline.

When it comes to foot pain, it can always be helpful to see a physiotherapist to make sure that you've had support over keeping moving, as well as comfortable footwear.

If a chat would be useful, do remember you can always call our freephone on 0800 5200 520 (9am - 8pm mon-fri)

All the best

Guy