I have pain in both my shins like a burning sensation that can keep me awake at night is this relate

I have burning sensation in both my lower legs that keep me awake. Is this related to arthritis in my hips and is there anything that might help with the discomfort

Comments

•  

Hi AN109502

Thank you for posting on the forum.

I’m sorry to hear about the burning sensation you are feeling in both of your lower legs which in turn is keeping you awake. The burning sensation you are experiencing may or may not be related to the arthritis in your hips.  As we are not medically trained on the helpline it would be best to check this out with your GP, who would be able to advise you further. I hope the links to hip pain and sleep may be useful for you.

If at any point you would like to talk things through you are very welcome to call our freephone helpline 0800 5200 520 (weekdays 9am – 8pm) here we can take our time to talk informally and in confidence.

Best wishes

Lynda

Helpline Advisor

• Hi I have just joined the website I don't if my introduction has been approved but I suffer from the same sensation almost to the soles of my feet and my mum before she died in July suffered the exact same problem I've just been confirmed to have fibromyalgia and it is said to be hereditary so I think my mum Had it too and I think what made it worse for both of us is we both had spinal surgery she had a decompression i had a disc replacement at L5/S1 I do not know if that helps at all

• Aj_x
    Aj_x Member Posts: 206

Hi Jasmine_2021171830

I have just approved your first post and attached a couple of links for you. One for Fibromyalgia and the other for Antiphosolipid Syndrome.

If you would like to speak to someone then here is the Helpline Number, alternatively they will be able to help you on here.

Helpline 0800 5200 520

Take Care & Stay Safe

@Aj_x