New here. Any experience of CBD oil for osteoarthritis?

Anagrange
Anagrange Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

I've long years behind me of osteoarthritis and one hip replacement. I'm really suffering currently with one hip, both knees and hands. I'm considering CBD oil and wondered what other's experience is. Thank you

Comments

• Hi @Anagrange and welcome to the online community!

I can see that you have many years of experience with your OA and hip replacement, and am sorry to hear that you are suffering so much. There are many lovely people here on the forums who may be willing to share their experiences with you regarding CBD oil, but I this is not something I have any experience in myself.

There is some information here on some alternative treatments and therapies which could offer you some insight if you are interested:

I'm sure that you have already done this, but have you considered speaking to your GP about the progression of your condition? They may be able to offer some other support or advice that you may have never considered before? As always, we are all here for you so please do keep talking away to us and have a roam around the website.

It's lovely to hear from you,

Sarah (Mod)

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

If you put "CBD" in the search box in the top left hand corner of this page it will take you to several posts about the subject. A lot of people have tried it with no discernible benefit.

• Posset
    Posset Member Posts: 3

I'm just trying it myself, but know that it has helped my really elderly arthritic dog!

• Anagrange
    Anagrange Member Posts: 3

Thank you for your responses. I'll check out any posts on the subject Mike1

• Lcc86
    Lcc86 Member Posts: 30

This is completely anecdotal but I started to use it in vape form a few months ago and find it works for me. There's lots of different ways of ingesting it, vaping gets it into your bloodstream quickest but it also wears off quicker, you can also put drops under your tongue or use gels/edibles. I get relief after vaping in about 5 minutes and it lasts for about 30 minutes I would say.