Let's write a book

Mike1
Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Apparently everyone has a book in them so let's try writing something between us, one sentence at a time! The idea is that we take turns at adding a sentence to the preceding one and just see where it goes, don't worry about a theme or anything just try, hopefully, to make each sentence fit logically with the rest. Could be fun!

So here goes:

It was an extremely wet and windy start to the day when ...............

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

I heard a rumble then a thump thump thump outside so........

• Mike1

I tentatively peered around the side of the curtain and was immediately taken aback when I saw .........

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406

A giant postman walking up the path in the snow delivering .......

• Mike1

a rather strangely shaped parcel. Upon opening it I was surprised to see a ....................

• frogmorton

smaller one inside and wondered whether I could hear a noise coming from it so.....

• crinkly
    crinkly Member Posts: 144

paused to reflect. The combination of unprecedented outside noise, an unusually large postman and now this sinister sound made me cautious enough to consider calling the police.

• Mike1

Before I had a chance to get to the phone my cat wound her way through my legs and got quite agitated when she smelt the outside of the parcel, so .....................

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

I cautiously began to unwrap the parcel, which seemed to be moving.....

• stellabean
    stellabean Member Posts: 307
    edited 16. Feb 2021, 18:24

carefully peeling back the wrapping I stared at two enormous unblinking eyes and a small furry hand reaching......

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

towards me! It was a mogwai.

• Mike1

It looked so cute as it was blinking its big round eyes having just emerged into the sunlight and, quite surprisingly, my cat leapt off into the bushes for some strange reason.

• wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233

I decided to call him Boris. Then I picked up my iPad to search for ...

• Mike1

The first few sentences added together:.......

It was an extremely wet and windy start to the day when I heard a rumble then a thump thump thump outside so I tentatively peered around the side of the curtain and was immediately taken aback when I saw a giant postman walking up the path in the snow delivering a rather strangely shaped parcel. Upon opening it I was surprised to see a smaller one inside and wondered whether I could hear a noise coming from it so paused to reflect. The combination of unprecedented outside noise, an unusually large postman and now this sinister sound made me cautious enough to consider calling the police. Before I had a chance to get to the phone my cat wound her way through my legs and got quite agitated when she smelt the outside of the parcel, so I cautiously began to unwrap the parcel, which seemed to be moving. Carefully peeling back the wrapping I stared at two enormous unblinking eyes and a small furry hand reaching towards me! It was a mogwai. It looked so cute as it was blinking its big round eyes having just emerged into the sunlight and, quite surprisingly, my cat leapt off into the bushes for some strange reason. I decided to call him Boris. Then I picked up my iPad to search for information on how to feed it, there was so many items about them that ...

• frogmorton

I spotted a link to an old film called 'The Gremlins' and decided to watch that....

(Mike that reads really well now you've done that to our story!)

• Mike1

I was sure that Boris was amongst the cast but as the film went on I became .......

• frogmorton

More and more worried about my new charge and the cat kept prowling and yowling......

• Mike1

weaving in and out of my legs. Meanwhile little Boris blinked his big soft eyes and

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

I was worried - they don't like sunlight!!! I looked again at Boris, took off my varifocal tinted glasses and

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    edited 14. Apr 2021, 18:27

realised to my utter horror that he had two extra legs and worryingly spectacular teeth. Softly bilnking eyes notwithstanding, wherever it had come from, this creature looked like trouble! The cat was right. I realised she had been trying to tell me something, and that something was.....

• Mike1

I should not have opened the box! I also realised that I was so excited to receive a parcel that I failed to check if it was actually for me, so I tried to grab the packaging to check ....

• frogmorton

and realised that the package was actually for the recluse in the ivy covered house next door so......

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522

I went round. No answer at the front door, but looking through the kitchen window, I saw .....

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

Oh no, it can’t be....?!😱