Could this be RA

Options

havent been diagnosed with RA but it has been suggested by physio. I get intermittent tendinitis with no injury i wake up with red hot mostly knee I cant move or just doing something get pain but xray hasnt shown any destruction of the joint could this be RA.

I have another autoimmune disease which I know makes me more prone to other autoimmune diseases. There is also some research linking my disease to RA

Comments

• jeddison1985
    jeddison1985 Member Posts: 211
    Options

Hi @shosh firstly let me welcome you to the forum I hope you find the information and support you are after from our wonderful community.

I can see from your post that you have not had an arthritis diagnosis but have had it suggested, also that you have an autoimmune disease that may be linked.

If you are willing to share what the other autoimmune disease it may mean I can signpost you in the right direction or others may have had similar experiences.

The site is full of information and I wanted to signpost you to some information leaflets that could help, linked to as a starter general information on RA, knee pain and OA of the knee.

Please feel free to search the forum for others with similar experiences and I am sure that some of our community will be able to help.

Take care and I hope you get some relief and answers soon.

Thanks

Joe

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi Shosh

Thank you for posting on the forum, you say that you haven’t been diagnosed with RA, though physio has been suggested. It’s always useful to see a physiotherapist to get an individual programme of exercise. You go on to say when you wake your knee is hot and you get pain by doing something. You can have joint pain together with warmth and redness if you have RA, though this may be associated with something else. You also mention that you have another autoimmune disease though do not mention which you have. I would imagine your doctor already knows this and to find out the reason for the symptoms which you describe it would be best to discuss these with your GP for advice, as we are not medically trained and cannot offer a diagnosis.  

I can see that Joe has given you some links to information including RA which I hope you will find helpful.

If you are interested in the experiences of others please repost on the living with arthritis forum, where you will get more responses.

If at any point you would like to talk things through, please give us a ring on our freephone helpline: 0800 5200 520 (weekdays 9am – 8pm) here we can take our time to talk things through informally and in confidence.

Best wishes

Lynda

Helpline advisor