Hello!!

Options
Kris72
Kris72 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi there, glad to have stumbled upon this group and I look forward to sharing information. A little bit about myself. I was first diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in both my hips back in 2012 at the age of 40. I was still a serving member of the RAF at the time so was relatively fit and active. I'd only gone to the doctors as I thought Id had a niggling sports injury that wouldn't go away. The diagnosis was given following an MRI and was told even then I would need a hip replacement at some point in the future. I've been quite lucky as the pain had not been too debilitating and can usually ease it with over the counter painkillers, although I do struggle putting my socks on! Just recently it has been flaring up more often and normal pain killers just don't do the trick anymore. I still keep as active as possible, walking my dogs and even playing walking football, (although I probably shouldn't) I think it's time to pay another visit to my GP?

Anyway, that's my story, looking forward to chatting!

Kris.

Comments

• UshaT
    UshaT Member Posts: 13
    Options

Hi Chris

I've had Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis since the age of 12, I'm now 47. I do find that keeping active does really help but I do this in moderation because joints do wear and tear with more vigorous activities.

I would suggest that you visit you GP so they can do a blood test to see whats going on and also offer some strong painkillers.

Good luck

Usha

• Aj_x
    Aj_x Member Posts: 206
    Options

Hi @Kris

We are also pleased that you have stumbled upon us at the Online Community Forum. It was a good thing that you went to the doctors when you did because otherwise you could of had a different story. So are you still on the list for hip replacements?

Make an appointment with the GP and see what they say.

I have attached a link which might be helpful for you and the movement.

Have a look around the other forums as there might be someone that can relate to you.

Take Care & Stay Safe

AJ_x

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Greetings fellow crab, I was in 74 to 88.