Mattress recommendations

thriftytee
thriftytee Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi, could anyone recommend a mattress. I have OA in my neck and back and scoliosis. I have googled for recommedations and there are so many mattreses, so many different opinions. I'm just confused. 🤔

Comments

• Aj_x
    Aj_x Member Posts: 206

Hello @thriftytee

I can see that this is a second post, but I don't know if you have had a welcome message already. So, I will do you another welcome message 😀

Welcome to the Online Community Forum. You are now part of this big online family.

Trying to find the right mattress is always a big task. If you can go out, now the shops are open (hopefully where you are) you are better off to try the mattresses so you know you will get one that is the right comfort for you. I think this would be the same even if you didn't have OA. It is one of the most important decisions to make.

Ask in the other forums as someone might be able to recommend a place that will be a good place for you to start.

Take Care & Stay Safe

AJ_x

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406

Hi thriftytee,

Wow I’ve been so long like the princess and the pea trying to find a mattress Aj_x is right you need to go try some at bed shops

Good luck keep us informed if you find one happy hunting 😉

love Jona 😊

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

You are best off going to a place like "Dreams" who have a machine that will help measure how you use the mattress and recommend one for you, I did this and plumped for a mattress with 1500 springs and then I put a memory foam topper on top. https://www.dreams.co.uk/about-sleepmatch The end result was a bot more comfort than before but, even with an electric adjustable bed I still only get about 3 hours kip a night!

• Jewels
    Jewels Member Posts: 202

I've just ordered a hybrid mattress from bensons for beds it's firm but comfortable when I tried it won't know for sure until it gets delivered in couple of weeks fingers crossed

• Debbydo
    Debbydo Member Posts: 6

Hi

I have a Emma mattress for over 12mths .

So much I could say just Google and you will get all the info you need

For me I love it and it does everything I need