I've just completed a survey for VA. None of this questioned Osteoarthritis. Can you tell me why?

It's just made me feel very low in mood. It states Rhuematoid Arthritis is extremely painful. My Osteoarthritis is extremely painful too. Makes me feel like my pain level doesn't matter. Why did VA do this in the questionnaire?

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 734

I am upset and disappointed on your behalf that you feel low in mood after completing the questionnaire. I know how painful all forms of arthritis are.

I will ask the Admin team to look into this as soon as possible.

Thinking of this evening

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• Jennet
    Jennet Member Posts: 13

Thanks very much Poppyjane. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jennet.

• Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460

Hi @Jennet

I have sent you a private message about your recent experience as we want to make sure this doesn't happen again. Could you let me know what survey it was please

Many thanks

Sharon

• Jennet

Hi Sharon,

I've received a query about this from S Kilty the other day. I have replied to her and attached the email I queried.

Regards,

Jennet.

• Sharon_K

@Jennet

Hi unfortunately I have not had your email. My contact email is s.kilty@versusarthritis.org I would love to hear from you

Many thanks

Sharon

• Abigail
    Abigail Member Posts: 16

I am not saying all arthritis is not painful but I have it in my hips got have it done it is very painful have a job to get about you take care . keep moving that's Wat I do xx

• Sharon_K

Hi @Jennet

I have now received this message from our team to share with you. Thank you very much for your feedback we value your contribution very much

Emma wrote

“Thanks for bringing this to our attention @Jennet  We intended Osteoarthritis to be on its own separate line as an option, but unfortunately there seems to have been a simple formatting error in the survey as it went out, which has rolled it into the line above. Our team have now fixed this so that it appears correctly for anyone who takes part from this point on, but apologies again that it wasn’t showing as it should when you submitted. If you did want to resubmit, we’d love to hear from you, but there’s no pressure to do so!

Everybody’s experience with their condition is really varied, so no matter what form of the condition you have, we understand that some days can be great and other days can be awful. It certainly would never be our intention to imply anything other than that, or that any particular condition was less painful or had less of an impact – so we apologise if this was how the message came across.”

• Jennet

Hi Sharon.

Apologies for the late reply. Been having issues with my eyes and ended up in A&E. I can see better and realised my reply to you was bounced back to me for incorrectly putting in your details twice.

Thanks for the reply. It is much appreciated. I think I have sent it to the correct email address now.

Regards,

Jennet 🤗