Hi Everyone

Options
Rob189
Rob189 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Diagnosed with OA about 3yrs ago, in the last week I have had my 3rd flare up of shoulder pain. Omg this is got to be the worst pain I've ever gone through and it's over a week now. Been Drs and a&e had strong pain killers but nothing seems to work. Are there any members using cbd oil and if so does it help. Thanks for reading and look forward to any replies. Keep well and pain free

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 884
    Options

Hello @Rob189 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I understand you have had OA for about three years and have just had a flare up of shoulder pain and that pain killers do not seem to work.

We have a lot of useful information on our website and I would recommend having a look around the site. To help you I've added a couple of links below which you might find useful.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure others will comment and share their experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Stainless
    Stainless Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hello!

I've just registered. I've been a competitive runner all my life and have suffered from Medial knee Osteoarthritis for 3 years now. Have tried to continue running even though I'm now 70. I would be interested to share experiences of running with this condition with anybody in a similar situation. Thank you, Steve

• Shell_H
    Shell_H Member Posts: 548
    Options

Hi @Stainless - welcome to the online community!

You've kept up your running even after being diagnosed with Osteroarthritis of the knee 3 years ago, and you're looking for someone to share your experiences with. I wish you the nest of luck!

I know I've ofund that I now struggle to do impact exercises incluing running with my knee OA, but I'm sure there are others who may be able to share your journey. I know you've been diagnosed for 3 years now, but in case there's anything on here which may help, I've included a link below to our information on OA of the knee. I have to admit I'm in awe of you continuing to run - exercise is one of the best things you can do for yourself, especially with arthritis, that if you can keep it up I will be cheering you on! My only mention would be to remind you to do other joint-strengthening exercises as well, as running doesn't cover all the aspects that some of the other exercises can do.

I'd also suggest maybe posting in our more exercise and movement related area, as you may find it more likely to find someone there:

Do have a look around our community and see if there is any discussion you would like to join in - we're a very friendly group!

Lovely to meet you,

Shell

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Running! I can barely hobble to the kitchen for a brew! Well done on keeping going for so long but be aware that you could be increasing the damage in the process.