Osteoarthritis in knee

Moiraburke1962
Moiraburke1962 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knee just before Christmas 2021 no pain killer are helping I'm in excruciating pain when I'm out walking I've had the steroid injection but it didnt work dont no what else there is for me to do 😥

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317

Hello @Moiraburke1962

Welcome to the online community and thank you for sharing with us. I hope that you will find this a safe and supportive place where you can continue to share your arthritis journey with us all.

I understand that you have osteoarthritis in your knee and was diagnosed just before Christmas 2021. You find that no pain killers have helped and even when having a steroid injection, found that this made no improvement. You are in excruciating pain when you walk.

I understand that pain can be very difficult to cope with so it can not be easy for you. Have you had much support/help from your doctor? You may find it helpful having a look through the existing discussions under Living with arthritis as there will be plenty of other people you can chat to that are similar situations as yourself. Simply click the magnifying glass at the top left of the page and type is 'osteoarthritis' and you will get lots and lots of different threads.

In the mean time Ive included a couple of links below from our main Versus Arthritis website all to do with your particular condition and pain. I hope that theses will be of some help to you.

Please do keep joining in with the online community and keep us updated. We are always looking to meet new people and make new friends.

Take care

Anne (Moderator)

• Hi thanks for excepting me in the group.sorry was diagnosed in 2020 not 2021

• Is it okay to cycle when I have osteoarthritis in knee or will it course more damage to my knee

• I think there is another post about cycling and it said it’s ok as long as it doesn’t make your knee worse. I had a recent knee OS diagnosis it’s a pain isn’t it ! But there is a variety of pain meds they can give you, my physio is a god send as certain exercises can help too, losing weight etc. Keep asking for help , go back to docs and see a physio, ultimately there is always a knee replacement op .