Vaccine efficacy

Options

Hello everyone.

Just wondering if any of the members of this community have had any personal experience of a covid infection. Like many of you, I'm eagerly awaiting the preliminary results of the Octave study which will hopefully give those of us on immunosuppressamt DMARDs an idea about how well the current Covid vaccines will protect us.

Some small and often not peer reviewed studies seem to suggest those on anti TNF medications such as adalimumab (Humira/Imraldi) are still well protected by two jabs.

I was just wondering if any of the community here have suffered with covid, either before or after their immunisations and what their experience was. From a personal point of view I'm very keen to hear from people on Imraldi which is one of the drugs I'm currently on (along with Sulfasalazine) but it would be interesting, and hopefully useful to theirs, to hear from all those on various DMARDs.

Thank you for reading, and thanks in advance if you are able to respond.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 796
    edited 16. Jul 2021, 17:36
    Options

Hi @Moonunit

Welcome to the online community .A Lot of people are awaiting the results of the Octave study,and can understand your wondering what other people think about it.

University of Glasgow - Research - Coronavirus research - OCTAVE to study vaccine responses in patients with impaired immune systems

This is a link to the Octave study .

COVID-19 updates | Versus Arthritis

The above is the latest update on Covid19

Hopefully you will get some replys from the online community. Hope all goes well for you ,please let us know how you get on Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Breathless
    Options

Where will the Octave Study results be published? Thank you.

• Moonunit
    Moonunit Member Posts: 8
    Options

I'm not sure where the results will be published but presumably, once avaliable, they'll be widely reported by the media. Back in April it was said the preliminary findings would be available around mid June.

I've emailed someone involved in the study, I'll let you know if I hear anything.

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options

Please see my reply on @Breathless 's thread. Also my latest thread on this forum with the Johns Hopkins link.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Moonunit
    Moonunit Member Posts: 8
    Options

Thank you stickywicket, in the absence of Octave findings, I'm interested to hear of any members of this community who have had any experience of a covid infection. Either before or after vaccination, whether on immunosuppressive drugs or not.