Knee supports

Options

Hello , I have not been on here for a while, could anyone recommend a good knee support, I have tried many but they have been returned to the supplier and the last one I purchased has made the pain in my knee worse, although I am taking pain killers I can only take two every four hours.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

It is best to ask your physio or OT as there are numerous different ones out there and, as you say, some are not all they are cracked up to be. You may be best off having a custom made one which can be done on the NHS, they take a while as they are made in Iceland - not the shop!!

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi @Forbes67

Thank you for posting on the helpline forum. I'm sorry you are having issues finding a support that suits your knee. As always, it’s never one size fits all, as you have found, and can be a bit frustrating.

Can I thank @Mike1 for his very sensible suggestions about seeking help from Physio and OT. They are a very solid place to start. We are not able to endorse any particular knee brace or support and would generally suggest a physio or occupational therapist review for supports. There is then an opportunity to check which one suits you best.

However, I have put a link below to Performance Health who offer knee supports and advice here.

You are very welcome to call us on our freephone helpline: 0800 5200 520 so you can talk things through with one of our helpline team. 

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Gillian

Helpline Team