I’m new and wanted to say hello

Mrsjub1921
Mrsjub1921 Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

I have recently been diagnosed with Peripheral Axial Spondylarthritis and am finding the treatment plan overwhelming. So far medication hasn’t worked and now feeling worried for what’s ahead. this site is amazing and I’m so glad I found out about this community

Comments

• Hi @Mrsjub1921

Welcome to the online community! You've joined a fantastic group of people here who are always on hand to listen and offer help and advice wherever they can!

I see that you've been recently diagnosed and are feeling overwhelmed. This is completely normal- many of us can completely sympathise, but you are not alone! There can be a lot of information to take in, and it can sometimes be difficult for people to accept a diagnosis or open up to people. How long have you been on your medication and what have you been taking? It's frustrating when you just want something to work for you and it doesn't seem to be! It can take time to see effects of your medication, but this is not something that you want to put up with when you are in pain.

We do have some links on spondylarthritis but they don't seem to be working at this moment in time (I'll get that reported). However there are some other links here that could be useful to you in the meantime:

Please do feel free to look around the community and join in with chats wherever you feel comfortable. It's great to have you here and we look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Take care,

Sarah