Seamaid
Seamaid Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hello all,

what can I say ? I am 80 ( few weeks from 81 :-( )_ and my body had the temerity of giving me the gift of Polymyalgia which was diagnosed last August, I am also querying being heading for Seronegative Rheumatic Arthritis , luckily my Rheumatologist recommended looking this site up . you all sound such a friendly group I thought I had to try my luck a joining you. I am not too bad at the moment, just trying to taper my Preds ,down to 13 mg at the moment, and next Tuesday will attempt 12mg. . I am positive I will be asking for help before too long !

all very best wishes Seamaid

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 669

Hi @Seamaid  

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum. 

You’ve definitely come to the right place as the forum is indeed a very welcoming and friendly place as I’m sure you’ll experience. 

I see that you suffer from Seronegative RA and have also recently been diagnosed with Polymyalgia. I hope that that the following links to our website are useful: 

I’m sure that if/when you ask for help on the forum you’ll receive some invaluable feedback from members.  

I hope that you find having joined the forum a rewarding experience. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Seamaid

Hi Chris B Thank you very much for getting back to me , and for the welcome, - and have read the two informative links you gave me while having my coffee, and can relate to all of it LOL. I look forward to chatting on the sites, it does help so much meeting other people who are on the same path.

Seamaid

• Anne16
    Anne16 Member Posts: 14

Hi Seamaid,

Welcome. I am just 81 and after serious falls over a 2/3 year period have been diagnosed with OA in both knees, right worse than the left. To date have not seen anyone other than NHS physiotherapist who actually handed me a walking stick within 5 minutes of meeting me. Have to say it is a most welcome new friend. Good luck and take care. 🌺

• Seamaid

Hi Anne,,, Thank you for your welcome, I am looking forward to chatting to everyone, sometimes it is difficult talking to some of the family as they do not accept that i am now with this condition for a long time ! but I can understand this so no real problem, take care and enjoy your new friend, I also have one given to me by the NHS Physio a while back and, like you, love it once I got over the embarrassment of needing a stick , according to me I was far to young to need it - OK I was wrong