Joint Complex capsules (Healthspan)

Has anyone tried this for painful joints? I have tried so many things!! Glucosamine & /Opti Turmeric in a capsule? If you have...did it work...did it upset your stomach at all? Thanks for any help you can give me!!

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Hi @Polyanna

It's very expensive for what looks like being mostly vitamins....

I haven't tried it sorry, but if you can afford to try it?

If it works you must let us know.

• Arthuritis
    Arthuritis Member Posts: 443

@Polyanna @frogmorton Pre RA I used glucosamine & chondroitin sulphate tabs as a superfit gym weightlifter, they do work, but the kind of damage Gym resistance training does is nothing compared to the destruction wrought by RA. So I think you may get some benefit, but manage your expectations, these are gentle “nutraceuticals” compared to the sledgehammer whacking your immune sys that is MTX.

I used one from a well known supplier (with an unfortunate name that sounded like jointache), & some supermarkets do 3for2 loyalty card discounts.

In some countries (Russia) they are part of the Rx for RA. Everyone is different, so you may benefit greatly, while others not at all. If it works then worth it, if not, you don’t need the added expense.

• Hi @Polyanna

Thank you for posting on the helpline forum. I’m sorry you are haven’t found anything so far to help ease your painful joints.

Thanks to frogmorton and Arthuritis for their comments. To get insight from others, you may also wish to post on Life with Arthritis, although it’s impossible to generalise about whether they work or not.

You can find out more about the evidence-based information on diet, supplements and complementary medicines here: 

You are very welcome to call us on our freephone helpline: 0800 5200 520 so you can talk things through with one of our helpline team. 

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Mags

Helpline Team