What is the strangest Christmas Present you have ever been given?

PeterJ
PeterJ Administrator Posts: 595
edited 21. Dec 2021, 13:33 in Chit chat

Mine was a Bugs Bunny onesie

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Mother's Mother used to give me Athletes Foot Powder every year - I have never had Athletes Foot and I never used the powder!!

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,568

A kitchen tool for flipping burgers on a barbecue. I never eat burgers, and never barbecue. This was given to me by someone who knew me well too (or so I thought!)

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 27,827

I bet your Grandmother would say that's why you never had athlete's foot🤣

• sunnyside2
    sunnyside2 Member Posts: 131

I got a onesie one year off my Nan.. God knows how fat she thought I was as you could have fitted a 2 seater sofa in it. hopefully the clothing recycling people had a very fat client - or used it to make a tent.

another year someone got me a cheese board--handed me in early December all wrapped up. no instruction to put in fridge... the smell gave it away before Christmas day

• frogmorton

Oh dear smelly cheese @sunnyside2

🤢

• stellabean
    stellabean Member Posts: 307

Not sure this is a strange present but qualifies as one of the most useless My Nan gave me a used incomplete pack of cards for Christmas one year I couldn't even play patience with them,it was hard to pretend I was delighted but I think I managed it.

• Moira
    Moira Member Posts: 29

When we lived in Guinea Bissau (at that time the poorest country in the world according to the UN) if you saw a queue you joined it and asked later what it was for! My husband couldn't really get anything as a Christmas present for me- there was nothing in the market except soggy onions and bitter herbs (bagish). But he came triumphantly home on Christmas Eve - he had found some sweet potatoes. The best Christmas dinner ever with a Guinea Fowl our landlord killed and presented to us, sweet potatoes and buggy rice that I spent an hour or two on our veranda, chatting with my neighbours as I cleaned it.

• frogmorton

Moira that sounds like an incredible life you should write more about your experiences over there!

Who's Online

Arekid
Arekid
bosh
bosh
Ellen
Ellen
Keepingpositive
Keepingpositive
noddingtonpete
noddingtonpete
PeterJ