Stress and osteoarthritis

i have been very stressed recently and this seems to be linked with a flare up of my hips and knees.

I manage my arthritis by taking paracetamol and exercising/ Physiotherapy.

is a covid booster vaccine likely to make current situation worse?

thanks

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 791
    edited 7. Jan 2022, 15:13

Hi @Jennyp

Welcome to the online community its great you have found us. You say you manage your arthritis with paracetamol and exercising.

Thought these links would help in some way

Please go and chat toothers on our forums it often helps.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Dear Jennyp

Thank you for your posting and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear that you have been very stressed recently and this seems to be linked with a flare of your osteoarthritis in your hips and knees. I see that you manage your arthritis by taking paracetamol and exercising. I wonder if you are exercising less due to the stress and worry about the covid booster making it worse.

You have asked if the covid booster vaccine is likely to make the current situation worse. Throughout the pandemic we have been updating our Covid-19 and arthritis information as the COVID-19 situation evolves across the UK and guidance changes over time. Our information may help to answer some of your concerns. The link for this is below. You may also wish to consider talking to your GP about your stress and the impact it is having on you.

You can find out more about our information about Covid 19 vaccinations and boosters on the link below.

Vaccines for COVID-19 – your questions answered

I see that Chris R has provided a link for our information on ways to manage the pain of arthritis. I have also put a link below about emotional well being and the impact of arthritis on our moods and feelings and ways to look after your emotional wellbeing.

Emotional wellbeing | Support, self-help

I hope this information is helpful to you. You can call us here on the helpline if you would like to talk things through with one of our helpline team. You can do this by calling our freephone helpline on 0800 5200 520, weekdays 9am – 6pm.

Kind Regards

Dawn

Helpline Advisor