Pip Claim

Options

Hi Everyone

I am looking for advice on how to complete a Pip form and how it affects you, I was diagnosed in 2017 and the last year has been a struggle, I have worked since the age of 16 full time until 2021, I had to reduce my hours due to Rheumatoid Arthritis, After years of struggling as a Social Care Worker, I had to give in, No two days are the same with this Disease, Today i spent the day in bed struggled to get up at 5pm. Tomorrow is another day i am praying it will be better.

Comments

• Hello @amanda1972, welcome to the Online Community! It's lovely to have you here.

I see that you have RA and are looking for advice on PIP forms, I hope that you'll find this link helpful to get you started:

Personal Independence Payment - Citizens Advice

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad day with your arthritis. This is a great place to come for support, you will find many other members who can sympathise, and you can always drop in for advice or just a friendly chat.

Best wishes, Sarah (moderator)

• ToneBlues
    ToneBlues Member Posts: 94
    Options

Hi @amanda1972

I have RA and applied for PIP a few years ago. I found the Citizens Advice service to be very helpful. You can find them online at www.citizensadvice.org.uk - you need to say which UK country you are in (advice can vary in Scotland for example) and type PIP in the search box.

Some Citizens Advice offices used to offer appointments to help people claim - that was a few years ago & things have changed since I had their help (especially with covid restrictions). You could check online for you local Citizens Advice office to see if they have an advice line.

Applying for PIP can take quite a long time (several months) & can involve answering some quite personal questions, but the financial help available can make all the difference if you succeed.

I wish the best of luck in applying.

Very best wishes

@ToneBlues