after asking for the capsican cream got a phone call

Options

was told you can buy this cream, but will do a 1 off :-( , its cheap apparently is this the item or not as i do not know, i already buy thyroid meds and B12.

Zacin 0.025% cream (Teva UK Ltd)

Is this any good for me?

Comments

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi Carolannf,

Thank you for your post about Capsaicin cream, following on from your posts on the Helpline forum yesterday.

It would be wise to check with your GP before purchasing this cream or any other medication over the internet. Some chemicals interact and your GP will be aware of your individual clinical circumstances and other medications you are taking.  Capsaicin cream is licensed in the UK for the treatment of osteoarthritis (OA) and is available on prescription in different strengths in the form of gels, creams and plasters. It is not available to buy over the counter.

The scientific name is Capsaicin. Other names for it include Zacin®, Axsain®, chilli, pepper gel and cayenne. It is the main medicinally active component of chilli peppers which is taken from the plant’s tissues. It works mainly by reducing Substance P, a pain transmitter in your nerves.

As I mentioned yesterday, if at any point you would like to talk things through informally and in confidence about your arthritis, you are welcome to call our Free Helpline on 0800 520 0520 weekdays 9am – 6pm.

I hope the information given below will be of some help. 

Best wishes,

Fiona, Helpline Advisor