Changes in diagnoses 😔

Bea371
Bea371 Member Posts: 8
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hi guys,

so glad to find other people with similar situations. I was diagnosed with Psoriatic arthritis 7 years ago and given medication, then my doctor left and I was sent a new doctor who thinks it’s not psoriatic arthritis and has renamed inflammatory arthritis, I don’t know what one it is, I am just so desperate for good pain relief and he won’t prescribe any medication apart from pain killers. I find it hard to tell people about it. I would love to hear if anyone has had a good rheumatologist? I am based in central london ❤️

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 734

Hello @Bea371 welcome to the online community,

You have come to a safe place to meet other people with similar situations to your own. Our community aims to help those who lives are affected by arthritis by offering peer support through our discussions and activities. You are caught in a diagnosis dilemma of thinking that you had Psoriatic Arthritis for seven years and have now been told by a different doctor that you have Inflammatory Arthritis.

I attach a link which I hope will be useful to inform your discussions with the medical profession and maybe ask for a second opinion but also those closer to you who you find it difficult to open up to.

If it would be helpful to talk to someone then our Helpline is open Monday to Friday 9.00 - 6.00 0800 5200 520.

Do take time to browse round the community and join us again soon.

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.