Hello Everyone

Options
Smoff
Smoff Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hello everyone!

I have been suffering with psoriatic arthritis for 17 years now and recently got diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knee cause I’m super lucky. I was hoping to join this community for some advice on things that have worked for them. I am also curious how people deal with getting bullied because of their conditions and how hard they find it at work with just people not understanding.

Hope to speak to people soon

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 971
    Options

Hi @Smoff and welcome to the online community,

Youve been living with psoriatic arthritis for 17 years and have recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in the knee. You’re looking for some advice on things that have worked for other members.

You’ve certainlY come to the right place for advice - all our members have experience of living with arthritis and are always ready to step up and give support and advice. You could also have a look at the Versus Arthritis page on living with arthritis - I’ve linked to it below. It gives tips and suggestions for how to manage your condition and get the best out of life:

No one should be bullied or treated differently because of their condition, and your employers have a duty to support you in your workplace. Versus Arthritis have a dedicated team who can help you to understand your rights at work and help you to access support:

Do keep in touch and let us know how you’re getting on. You’re among friends here!

Anna ( Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options

Hello smoff and welcome from me too.

So you've done the double! Welcome also to the 'double community'. There are far too many of us😉

I've coped, for many years, with DMARDS, exercises, diet and always lots of laughter. I've never been bullied about my arthritis. I'm sorry you have.

Do join in on the Living With Arthritis forum.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright