Arthritis in cervical spine

Options
Miranda
Miranda Member Posts: 23
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

Hello all,

This is just to say a friendly ‘hello’, and I look forward to exchanging stories with you.

Miranda x

Comments

• jeddison1985
    jeddison1985 Member Posts: 211
    Options

Hi @Miranda firstly let me welcome you to the forum I hope you find the information and support you are after from our wonderful community.

I can see from your post that you have cervical Osteoarthritis and looking to use the community to meet others with similar experiences.

The site is full of information and I wanted to signpost you to articles around neck pain and Osteoarthritis of the cervical spine that may help as a starter.

Please feel free to search the forum for others with similar experiences and I am sure that some of our community will be able to help offer some useful suggestions.

Take care and I hope you make some connections soon.

Thanks

Joe

• Miranda
    Options

Thank you - I hadn’t noticed the article about neck pain. I must say that I’ve found the Versus Arthritis website really informative and encouraging.

All the best,

Miranda

• Bic1982
    Bic1982 Member Posts: 31
    Options

Hi @Miranda

Its nice to meet you! How are you finding the online community so far?

I have Rheumatoid arthritis but have been told I am now showing signs of osteoarthritis due to the damage that the rheumatoid has done. Its a funny old condition!

Take Care

Bic

• Miranda
    Options

Hi Bic,

Thanks for your message, and it’s nice to meet you, too. I am really sorry to hear you’ve got Osteoarthritis as well as the RA. Funnily enough, the lady I spoke with on the helpline said that the two often co-occur, which I didn’t know. I am wondering if this is the position I will find myself in as well, but it’s pretty early days for me as far as tests are concerned. I am finding the community very supportive, though I must say that it’s sad to see so many people in pain. I hope that we see a change in the public conversation around arthritis in the coming years so that it benefits from more extensive research and awareness. Things have begun to turn in a more positive direction with other serious illnesses, so I can keep my fingers crossed for all of us, too.

Miranda x