pain

Options

how do u control the pain i’m having multiple flares .?!

Comments

• Cimca
    Cimca Member Posts: 33
    Options

I take pain relief, co codamol and tramadol then rest. I find heat helps and I couldn't do without my fluffy heated under blanket, which on the highest setting provides instant pain relief. My family refer to it as the rotisserie setting!. Obviously this does not last but it gives me a break from the relentless nature of the pain. I suppose a warm bath would have a similar effect.

• Miranda
    Miranda Member Posts: 23
    Options

Hi Dean, I’m really sorry to hear that you’re in so much pain. Though Cimca, you saying about your excellent heated blanket reminds me: I have just ordered an electric heat wrap, as I figured it might help with my back and shoulder pain. I have high hopes for it, but will let you know how I get on. I suppose the effectiveness of that depends on where the pain is worst. I myself am in a bit of a situation with pain so am eager to try anything. I’m using Tiger Balm at the moment, too, which helps a bit.

• Cimca
    Options

Hi Miranda, just looked Tiger Balm up and think I will give it a go. I also have a back and shoulder heating pad for sitting. I only recently bought it but does provide some relief. The only problem I've encountered is forgetting I'm wearing it, getting up and tripping over the cord!

• Miranda
    Options

Hi Cimca, glad the heating pad works for you; that bodes well for me. Yeah, the Tiger Balm is pretty good, I am going to get another pot. You mentioned you were on Tramadol sometimes, but I just wondered if it made you fuzzy in the head, or is it fairly okay? I was prescribed it years ago but never took it in the end.

• Cimca
    Options

I find tramadol ok, it has very little effect on me. As to its painkilling, it can work if taken regularly, although it reduces pain rather than eradicating it. When I am having a bad time, frankly copious amounts of tramadol and co codamol are not as helpful as you would hope. Sorry can't be more helpful.

• Miranda
    Options

No, that's absolutely fine - I'm fast realising that I'm going to have to live with chronic pain. I'm on co-codamol today, but that hasn't taken the pain away, just taken the edge off. I was just curious about the other opiate-type ones, as I know they can make you feel a bit squiffy.

• Cimca
    Options

Hi Dean sorry for hijacking your post. Hope someone more knowledgeable than me can help you.

• dean68
    dean68 Member Posts: 27
    Options

thank you it’s unbearable i’m having by far the worse flare up on my elbow and shoulder ever thank you again any way to contact me with any advice big or small your welcome.

• dean68
    dean68 Member Posts: 27
    Options

i’m prescribed tramadol as well as naproxen yes i get very forgetful and flying away with the fairies most the time especially chemo days very fuzzy ..but they have worked for me until now .!!