Pain management

Options
Giggles
Giggles Member Posts: 16
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:07 in Living with arthritis

I was diagnosed with arthritis in my hips in January and would appreciate your thoughts on pain management. Also I do not understand when acute pain comes on in bed while you are asleep!! Take care everyone.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 975
    edited 29. Mar 2022, 15:04
    Options

Hi @Giggles and welcome to the online community,

So you've been diagnosed with arthritis in your hips and you'd like to hear some ideas on how to to manage the pain, including pain that comes on when you're asleep. Our members will I'm sure give you some good ideas for how to treat your pain - everyone on here has experience of living with arthritis and are always happy to share their tips and suggestions. I've linked to a conversation below where members suggest some of the ways that worked for them, and you could also type 'hip pain' in the search bar on the right to see other conversations that have taken place::

You might want to have a look at the link below too - it's an information page on osteoarthritis of the hip and it includes a helpful section on ways to manage pain, including some gentle exercises:

Best wishes,

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Giggles
    Giggles Member Posts: 16
    Options

Thank you Anna. I have looked at the link and plan to use a pillow between my legs tonight