Dealing with the pain from osteoporosis

JULIE252423
JULIE252423 Member Posts: 6
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi I've joined because I've been really struggling with osteoarthritis and arthritis and would like to talk to people with the same conditions also it would help talking about it with people what know the pain you are dealing with each day thankyou

Comments

• Buzzing
    Buzzing Member Posts: 4

Hello, I suffer from osteoarthritis in my hips and facet joints in my back, everyday I'm in pain , I work full time but sometimes the pain is so bad I feel like crying

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 948

Hello @Buzzing and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have osteoarthritis in your hip and that you also have arthritis affecting your back as well. Our website has a lot of information that may be of use and I would suggest having a look around it. To help I've put a couple of links in below which may be of help.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you and share their support and experience as well.

With very best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Hi @Buzzing, really sorry to hear this. Do you keep active? I found basic movements helped at first and I've managed to progress to full on exercises now. There's a great book called Chronic Pain Management by David Walton that I'm finding really helpful.

• Buzzing
    Buzzing Member Posts: 4

Hi @DarreninBrighton , yes I do my physio exercises first thing in the mornings then I walk my dog before I walk to work is roughly 1.5 miles , my job is fairly active , and I am on light duties no heavy lifting but even so I am still in pain despite taking pain relief, so I am open to anyones suggestions , I have seen that book you mentioned on amazon so might order it and see if it will help, I am booked into do hydro core classes for six weeks starting on Monday so hopefully tat may give a little help too