Hello

Options
PJ123
PJ123 Member Posts: 16
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:08 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone

I was diagnosed with arthritis in both hips on the 7th March 22 having suffered severe pain over 6 months in lower back,legs,hips. The orthopaedic consultant referred me for a CT scan which I had on the 18th of March and see consultant next week on the 26th April. I had spinal decompression surgery 2 years ago with great success so was shocked when they said it was arthritis in both hips and one needs total replacement. I hope I get appropriate pain medication has the medication I’m on is only helping mildly. I get pain walking and getting in and out of vehicles so no longer drive . The impact on my daily living tasks is immense. I hope treatment is not a long wait.

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 682
    Options

Hi @PJ123

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum.

You have been recently diagnosed with arthritis in both hips with one needing to be replaced. You are seeing a consultant shortly and hope to be prescribed some stronger pain medication. All of this has obviously affected your ability to perform some everyday tasks.

Well you’ve definitely come to the right place to share your story as there are many forum members who have had undergone your journey and can share their experiences.

These links to our website many be useful to you:

Here’s a very recent chat in the forum which you may wish to join:

I hope that your consultant is able to help with managing the pain such that you can resume more daily living tasks whilst you wait for your hip replacement operation.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options

Hi @PJ123

I do hope the Consultant is able to help you. I imagine with your successful back surgery you would feel very confident about hip surgery.

Such a shame that your have had to give up driving you must mention the impact this is having on your life at your consultation next week.

A quick search on the subject gave me this:

We have had several member have their hips replaced recently so if it comes to that you will have so much experience to tap into here 😊

Take care

Toni x

• PJ123
    PJ123 Member Posts: 16
    Options

Many thanks for the info. I have read some members recent posts on hip replacement. I see the consultant in the morning so hope he has positive news on a treatment plan. Despite pain medication I m only sleeping a few hours due to waking in the night with hip and leg pain, hence I m wide awake now. Thanks again .