Options

Good evening all,

I’ve recently found out that I have osteoarthritis in my knee I’m convinced now I have it in both knees as I’m getting the same pain. I am on naproxen and Zapain which don’t ease the pain at all I have gone back to my gp and he has now referred me to a pain clinic. I wanted to know if any one had advice on sleeping at night I just can’t get comfortable with the pain it constantly wakes me in the night I can’t remember last time I had a full good night sleep. I do also have back problems which don’t help as I’m in pain with that too 😞

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,113
    Options

Hello @Jayne_44 and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

Have a look at the following from our website which I hope will be of some use to you.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Jayne_44
    Jayne_44 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you so much I’m so happy I came across this community 🥰

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 430
    edited 23. Jan 2024, 21:38
    Options

@Jayne_44 I suspect the name of the game is to keep weight off the affected joints with pillows, which is completely against normal life, but I found they helped until I found my favourite answer.

On sleep I found helpful to know sleep isn't all night long anyway. The first full cycle is done in only a few hours then no matter what you do, your system has another go and another and another. It's incredible.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.