bosh Member Posts: 4,712

hi toady

How are you?

Thanks about the poem

Mum and I are just about ok after the guest - extravaganza

The early morning walk sustained me today

I’m attempting an early night and early start tomorrow

So I’ll just say goodnight and take care xx

(I’m selling used tubs of ice cream on nosegay - hush 🤐)

Ps what a painting lol xx

• bosh

goodnight Colin and everyone I’ve missed tc x

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793

Morning Joan thank you I did get on alright at the Drs I am going to have another blood test in 3 months see if the statins stop raising my liver results if not either come of them or change them. My cholesterol is only 3.8 so not high. Sleek is still very kittenish for her age which is lovely. I bet the dogs don't act their ages do they? Guess what? I have nothing at all planned for today so I can get lots of bit done I hope. It's supposed to be 9 degrees cooler here today yippee! Have you got anything planned? ((())) xxx

Morning Sandee please don't ever worry if you can get on or reply to everything just post when and what you can manage we just love hearing from each other.

It rather sounds to me as though you have an extremely unappreciative boss there I think. Male or female? Roughly what age? Has he or she got problems at home maybe?

I am from bang in the middle of the country in the Midlands although as it's my 25th move (I thought it was a mere 24 but missed one out!) who knows where I'll be next eh?! This has never included too close to London probably the closest to you was when I lived in either Essex or Kent.

I am so glad to hear the potato crisis has been averted for now😊

Morning Reshmi

You were still feeling rough yesterday i am so sorry. I hope as it cools down today you will start to feel better. This pollen count is just stupid isn't it? Totally oooooookey!

Your poor poor Mum how upsetting doing all that work for NOTHING BIL feeding them on the way. That is just so disrespectful after all her effort and worry. I am quite cross for her. Well at least I hope the visit went well for everyone apart from the food issue. Were they nice people and id the maid come with them?

Ah right so Freya is at school and little M is the visitor. Got it. I knew little M would love BR I mean who wouldn't love him? I bet he's been her little shadow❤️

Please don't tell me we'll have a rainy and dry season?! Can I stay in the MH tent in the dry season and in maybe an Ark in the wet season - or even a house on stilts? I can get travel sick on boats🤢

Great Shakespeare poem there Reshmi it really made me smile. I do not know where you get them from, but please carry on writing/composing.

Take care and have a restful day ((())) xxx

Morning to Colin who is probably very, very busy trying to get organised for the trip to SA hope all is well and getting sorted for you🤞

Morning Toady

Is it going to rain? It would be helpful for all your lovely, lovely plants you lucky girl!

The pachysandra - white blue or purple? The polygonum - pink? I am thinking anyway a Violet for keep little Vi company and some alchemilla which had better behave and not go rampant so pretty after rain. Lovely cottage garden plants excellent choices there Toad. Do go back they sound my kind of people to be growing that lot.

Odd visit next door yes get that hedging border finished ASAP it's quite urgent now methinks.

The catmint is rather fabulous but prolific some serious serious pruning needed this year the colour is so vivid Paul and Kari love it. Oh Might pop some in a pot for Mabel maybe🤔 Sleek loves it, although as I was tiding around it the other day as you saw, I got a midgy bite so not too happy about that 😕 Itchy itchy itchy.

Survived nurse and Dr although less helpful than I had hoped for as far as Dr is concerned. She suggested just codeine as pain relief happy to go back to that one for a while. It's been a while since and she understood about the Arcoxia being a no-no now😕 What I did like was her 'standing station' - instead of her computer screen on a low table and her sat she was stood up - perfect.

Oh and she didn't ask me to get on the scales either!! Pleasant change😁

Have a good day Toad I must now get dressed so i can water some hydrangeas which myself and the farmer at the top of the village planted (well got a man to plant actually but we got them) in the 'tyres' as she has done her back in.

shall we breakfast here?

• bosh

good morning everyone wppl xx

• sandeelilly
    sandeelilly Member Posts: 77

Morning all, @frogmorton Thank you I love reading all the gang's posts but I never seem to be able to reply these last two weeks, working at a newspaper the flaming elections have got everyone crazy!

My manager is 52 2 years younger than me, and male, I am not sure if he is unappreciative or just a man lol no disrespect just they do not notice these things, he does have issues at home so it does not usually get to me I do understand yesterday was just a rant day again elections lol I HATE POLITICS!!

Living near London is horrible, and working in the centre is worse lol I am a country girl who spent my summers running around Cork so all these tall buildings and smog kill me, I just want to be somewhere green and near water I would be in Heaven. 25!! times! ARE YOU MAD! I have moved 9 times 8 of those in this country and hated every time you are something special managing that many moves and still sane lol

@bosh How rude! if they knew your mum was cooking! it is a minefield with families mine is huge and there are some who I avoid like the plague lol

@toady Thank you I love my job as a whole yesterday was just one of those days I suppose. Catmint or a bottle of Vodka not sure which would work better lol, G loves catnip he goes crazy I just bought these stick things that are similar and good for his teeth, but I am not sure he is keen on them,

@dachshund Hi No he does not, he is a northern Irish older newspaperman from the old school where women were not meant to speak I believe, Unfortunately as I have spent a lot of my life in an abusive relationship I do not take crap anymore lol so I tend to poke the bear and give as good as I get and usually he quite likes it but with all the pressure at the moment he very hot and cold.

Hi to anyone I missed and Thank you all I do not know how I got by without you all before, Have a wonderful day and lets hope it not as oppressive as it has been I like the sun just not the heat

Sandee xxxx

• bosh

Hi Toni

How are you?

Mum and I are ok 👍

I went to town centre today so tired

More later bye tc xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

I hope you have all had a good day with not too many problems

My friend is coming in the morning to help sort out some of sues jumpers for the charity shop they are to big for me.
    Toady (()) I hope everything is alright there.

Toni (()) that’s good it all went alright with the Dr and the nurse I hope your tablets are soon sorted. Yes Lexi is a puppy in her eyes. Pepper is like an old dog.

Reshmi (()) I’m sorry all the trouble your mum went through with the cooking. How are you (())

Colin (()) I hope everything is going well for you and your wife.

Sandee (()) I hope everything is going okay for you today.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi young at heart Toni

How are you today?

I went to the town centre as I didn’t go to group yesterday

I went to the scone place but i controlled my scone - eating in a very saintly manner as my stomach was feeling slightly heavy 👍

It was difficult though as it was a lovely freshly baked warm scone but I somehow triumphed

And sneakily saved the rest of the scone to have later on, but no one needs to know that really, just you and I - and the whole of the internet 😂

Actually I got it a bit wrong regarding bill and the meal etc, what happened, I found out in the end, was that they stopped off at Reading shopping centre for some shopping at the last moment without giving poor mum much notice, but they didn’t eat outside.

Bill was behaving like a spoiled brat, eating everything that moved, including spiders cockroaches and wasps when he finished all the conventional foodstuffs lol, but at least i didn’t have to buy insect repellent on nosegay, I might buy a bill - repellent though, let me try and save up some cash haha.

I’m having mxt day tomorrow as a one - off 👍

pollen is very unbalanced hatter - ish, I agree

Bill’s auntie and little M were nice people yes, but bills auntie told a bit of an inappropriate story, something involving “members of the oldest profession” as she called it, I only caught the tail end of it, what BB made of it, well the mind really boggles lol.

The little girl was cute and BR called her a cute little boy haha, but which seemed to be a very big compliment, not quite mima - style praise but almost

I like the idea of an Ark and the boat on stilts, who’s paying the mortgage on those properties though? I nominate toady haha

I showed BR BB’s room / aka the small sometimes spare room and told him it was smelly and dirty

Then when he went downstairs he shouted, “ Big Babu clean your house! Then eat!”, but he said it when looking at mum, it was so funny.
    Have a good night tc xx

Ps this is just ace funny stuff - but look at the creature on the copier, how smug is this chap? Is this what happens when someone eats everything that moves?😂 xx

• bosh

hi sandee

How are you?

I also hate central London, once I worked in west London and had to commute there from East London every day- that was a nightmare, Cork, that sounds nice 👍

Yes families are a massive minefield I agree

Once I had to live with my sister and I was almost late for work as she spent hours straightening her hair in the bathroom- oh dear.

Have a good night tc xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you?

Thanks about mum, they did eat the food in the end

Mum and I are ok 👍

Did you have a nice time in town?

Have a nice night tc xx

Hi toady

How are you?

Again I’m attempting an early start

So have a good night tc xx 💤

Ps just a strange pic lol xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364
    edited 27. Jun 2024, 22:33

Hi all, sorry so late, just been slowly simmering down from half the day waiting for a workman who was sort of coming at short notice but then (ever so slightly my fault but mostly theirs 🙄) wasn't. No idea where this leaves me tomorrow either. The worst is always that it's two days down the drain because I couldn't do much with today, and I had stuff I wanted to get on with while it's nice 😕. Love to all and see you tomorrow, hopefully, sorry not to catch up; am ok, was mainly just annoying - not having one of my full-blown 'all workmen must be bricked up in the biccie cupboard for eternity' moments 😂 (yet!)

Have a good night everyone 😘 xx

• frogmorton
    edited 28. Jun 2024, 06:13

Morning!

Morning Joan. I hope you got on well yesterday sorting out some of Sue's jumpers which are too big for you to use. So kind of your friend to come to help. You are doing incredibly well I think I am so impressed. Much cooler last night wasn't it we could all finally sleep! Take care are you off into town today? ((())) XXX

Morning Sandee well that's interesting so the boss is a similar age to you only difference being gender. Probably he just isn't very empathetic. Maybe has no personal/family experience of someone being in pain having a long-term condition. As you say he has his own problems which I'm sure you try to empathise with even if it's not reciprocated 🙄

You don't need to worry too much about keeping up with every conversation as long as you get the gist.

I hate politics too although i will vote out of respect for the suffragettes of course.

Yup 25 moves I must be a nomad. That's why the motorhome is ideal for me😊 Moving isn't much fun and the children certainly clipped my wings bless 'em. Mind my eldest Charley is on 9 now. At least you do in theory have a clear out every time😁

Take care ((()))

Morning Reshmi

Glad to hear you and your Mum are fine. Did I tell you they have put Annie on insulin finally? So she is able to eat again safely. About time although she is scared at the moment so Charley is doing the injections. She'll get the hang of it I'm sure. The even better news is she can now feel the baby kicking.

Well you get a pat on the back for definite for not eating all of that scone! Having half later is actually the very best idea no waste so better for the environment and better for your stomach too.

Sometimes MTX day has to move and it really can move by one or two days. Sometimes you are even told to miss a week so why not if it's best for you?

Bless BR misgendering little M - they both sound as though they love each other. Isn't that lovely. BIL's EF sound nice even if they do tell rather 'interesting' stories. Oh do tell what did BB's face look like🤭Was he horrified?😮

I am very glad to hear they did eat the food lovingly prepared by your Mum. I knew BIL would I mean nothing (or no-one!) get's wasted on his watch!! Send him here please I got bitten by something the other day he can eat it!

I loved the enlightened discussion picture! Bang on😁

Well you have a good day my friend ((())) xxx

Morning to Colin if you happen by - no pressure to post hope things are almost ready and organised for the SA trip.🤞

Morning Toady

Who had busy fristrating day yesterday like me….I for some reason got 'cornered' by everyone in the village yesterday for long conversations! I mean loooong ones. To be fair i enjoyed all of them except maybe one with a new person (male) to the village. Wasn't sure about him

Oh and another might be brilliant! I can help with the bees next time something needs to be done. With all the white gear on no chance of being stung apparently. Wouldn't that be an experience?!

Sorry about your workman. Hmmph😕 I hope you hear from him promptly today so you at least know what is happening.

I am still waiting for a date from the saniflo one but the other starts on Tuesday. The motorhome will have to go down to the barn so it's not in the way. I am watering the flowers down there anyway from now until a week Sunday so she won't mind if we put it there.

Sleek is gonna help us instead with Winnie I think

Take care and best of luck ((()))

• kaflar
    kaflar Member Posts: 2

not sure what I’m doing yet so bear with me my names Kathleen I’m from Durham a big hello to you all

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) I hope you get done today what you want to do. Have a good weekend

Toni (()) Sue was bigger than me. I went to town yesterday my friend is coming today.
    that’s good Annie was put on Insulin lovely little one is letting her/him self known (()) have a good weekend. love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) was it a cheese scone you need a treat all you go through love to your mum (()) have a good weekend

Colin (()) love to you and your wife (()) have a good weekend

Sandee (()) I hope all is well there have a good weekend

take care
    joan xx
  • Three
    Three Member Posts: 2

Hi Kathleen, it's my first day too and like you, I don't know what I'm doing yet! My name is Moira and I'm from the Gateshead area.

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 809

Welcome to both @kaflar and @Three to the online community,

It is often a little scary when you join a new group, either in person or online but you have made it and we are glad to meet you.

The virtual tea/coffee party in Val's cafe is a great place to meet new friends so enjoy your cuppa and a chat.

Best wishes

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• bosh

hi Toni

How are you today?

Mum and I are ok 👍

Mxt day for me

Cleaners coming soon

I have to run to the shower like Usain Bolt aka dad during his gym class 😂😂

More later bye tc xx

Ps toady forgot her sun cream lol xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you?

Mum and I are ok 👍
    Thanks, it was a currant scone

Have a nice evening tc xx

• bosh

hi Toni

How are you?

I think you told me about your DIL’s insulin, that’s really good, also about the kicking 👍

I think dad was thinking about the cultural society and not listening properly thankfully 😂

Thanks about mxt day, that’s good to know 👍

Thanks about the poem, it was quite funny though because I went to the local supermarket and while I was paying at the ultrasound scan machine- oh no - sorry - self - scan machine - I thought about the “contactless bard” and I almost started laughing, it reminded me of a programme I saw once with a comedian interviewing other comedians and the main person laughed so hard at the jokes that he would laugh at them alone in the street, pounding the rubbish bin lids in his enthusiasm, I guess I’ve been tempted to do the same, but I can just imagine a whole cauldron of warlocks or psychiatrists passing by lol, you know what I mean just joking, but my point is it’s good for our stress to laugh yet we can’t do it publicly.

Ok I’m still a bit tired

So bye for now

Have a good evening Toni tc xx

• dachshund

Welcome Kaplar (()) Three (()) and Poppyjane (())

This is a friendly and helpful forum

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

goodnight toady sandee and everyone tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364

Hi all, that's me in the pic, fast asleep falling out of my teacup; same situation as yesterday, not a squeak out of workmen. So tired, and behind with my own jobs 🙄 now a weekend, and then start all over I suppose. Far less convenient week for me I have plenty on already, yesterday would have been perfect, not least because of the lovely sunny weather. Anyway will be sleeping this off over the weekend, expect me when you see me.

Welcome to the new posters 👋 and sorry I'm not fit company right now (a plague on all builders 😣), hope you're both as well as possible and have a good weekend 😊.

Love to everyone thanks for good wishes &c, will try & rejoin polite society soon 🙄😘 xx

• frogmorton

That's a big big toe!

Morning Joan the baby is kicking too and now Annie can feel her kicking❤️but the nurse has to increase insulin just carefully not too much. I hope you've managed to find good homes for Sue's bigger clothes or they have gone to charity maybe. It's not easy is it I think it's the hardest job to do when you lose someone you love 😔((())) xxx

Morning to two new people I hope you did want to pop into the café? @kaflar and @Three We are a friendly little group who just pop in most days to chat to each other and 'eat' virtual food drink virtual tea/coffee☕ You are both very welcome if you fancy popping in and chatting😊

Morning Reshmi Glad you and your Mum were both ok yesterday.

Very pleased your Dad was too busy thinking about his cultural society to pay attention to the visitor's risqué story😮

Ah well yes….laughing in public when alone. That has unfortunately been me if I remembered anything very funny, but what can you do? If it's funny you have to laugh. I do occasionally run the risk of a passing psychiatrist having a 'chat' with me! I would be careful not to bash on any bins though. I think that can draw too much attention to oneself. 😣

Best when at ultrasound mach…..I mean self scan checkouts…. to try not to think about the contactless bard😂

Toady has forgotten her sun lotion or even her sun hat AGAIN! Oh dear me.

Hope your Usain Bolt impersonation got you a shower yesterday? and the MTX went ok? Yukky oooky boo🤢

Village clear up today now I will NOT under and circumstances get an ant in my eat I fully intend to stick cotton wool in my ears this time. Nope😯 today there is not a Dr around to help.

Have a good day my friend. ((())) xxx

Morning Sandee Hope you are having a good day in sunny (I hope) Biggin Hill. It was sunny here it is now cloudy😕 Village clear up here I will do my usual which is to be in charge of tea and coffee…. Take care ((()))

Same here Toad

No sign of the saniflo man not even a call to arrange when….frustrating. No idea what we should do about it other than try to stay tidyish.

I did however hear from the bathroom delivery person to say all the bathroom stuff is coming on Tuesday. As is our regular builder who i do like honestly just not in my house. I might have to take extra codeine so I don't need the loo too often🤭

Saw Charley and Annie yesterday so they could print of maternity forms for work. There is COVID t Annie's so she isn't allowed in AGAIN!

Oh and guess what? We didn't come last at the quiz! No! we came 3rd🙂

Take care Toady have a good day safe from builders for 2 days now anyway.

Above is 'the gardener's nosh' looks a filling breakfast anyway🤨

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) I’m sorry things are not going well for you. Thinking of you have a good day.

Toni (()) yes we sorted Sue’s things. We had a lot of laughs as well. Sue was a size 18 I’m 12/14. It must feel lovely Annie can feel the baby kicking (()) how is your arm. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) thank you for your funny bits you put on here. Love to your mum (())

Sandee (()) I hope everything is going okay for you. Have a good day

Colin (()) happy travelling to both of you

Love to Poppyjane Kaflar and Three have a good day all of you

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni

How are you?

What a funny vegetable lol

Mum is ok 👍

I’m not too bad thanks

Bit of a headache though

Nasty heat again isn’t it Toni?

I foolishly hoped that maybe the weather had started to cool down a bit

I can’t remember if I told you or not, but at LA’s party Louisa pushed a boy because she was angry that there weren’t many girls, then the little boy cried - oh dear.

Unsurprisingly though the only girl LA cared about was Freya, he asked her if she’d eaten and if she’d got one of the gift bags, he was being a gentleman! A chivalrous Sir Lancelot no less - haha.

That was indeed a turn up for the books.

Yes laughter is hard to control, I usually just about manage though, but sometimes the potential laugh becomes a smile and people think I’m smiling at them, which can be a bit embarrassing.

Mxt was not as bad as it is sometimes

Ant in the ear, oh dear painful and ookey

Yes managed a shower yesterday thanks 🙏

Yes toady is both lotion - less and hatless again

Not a great idea, especially on Sensibility Saturday lol

Ok I’ll go for now Toni tc x

PS I know it’s Saturday but Mr Darcy aka the milkman certainly should not be dancing in this manner or in this attire, what will the freshly sunburnt toady say? Xx