brilliant GP

Options
julies
julies Member Posts: 68
edited 12. Nov 2008, 11:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hows this for a case of above and beyond the call of duty.

Sam has reached a stage in his treatment for his needle phobia where he is now ready to watch someone giving a blood sample.
As no one we know is needing blood tests done our GP Has offered to be 'guinea pig' and allow the practice nurse to take blood from her while Sam watches :shock: :shock:

What a brilliant GP, don't you all agree :D:D

The big day is Monday, so here's hoping everything goes well and it wont be long till he is having blood taken himself.

Comments

• noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi julies here is hoping that all goes well for Monday and as you say what a nice GP to offer to do that and what a brave one you have in Sam i feel for him I really do and I know only to well what it is like with arthur at a young age I was in my teens when I first got it. Anyway all the best for Monday and I hope the kind GP does not faint.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,410
    Options
    HI Julie
    You are absulutely right! That GP is a bit of a star!
    Hope it goes well :)
    Take care
    Toni x
  • julies
    julies Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Sam got on brilliantly at the doctors last monday, he even pulled his seat closer for a better look :shock: :shock:
    He was back again this Monday for a 'dummy run', they done everything except piercing his skin with the needle.
    I phoned his psychologist today and she has OK'd it for me to arrange an appointment to have his bloods taken next week.
    I can't believe that we have finally reached this stage after 2 years :D:D
    Anyway wish Sam luck for next week. It will make such a difference to his treatment if he can finally get through this stage.
    Julie
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,410
    Options
    HI Julie
    WOW! hasn't he come a long way. The GP didn't cry then?!!!
    Sam - very best of luck for next week - you are a star!!
    Julie do let us know how it goes.
    Toni xx
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Hi Julie
    It just goes to show that there are still some "good guys" out there. Well done Sam and well done GP for seeing that this was the way forward.
    It makes you feel all "warm and fuzzy" inside when you hear of things like that.
    Thank you for sharing this moment with us all
    Take care
    Kate x