Osteoarthritis

valmike
valmike Member Posts: 4
I am in a lot of pain at the moment with my back, I am bent double. This happens quite often, I have osteoarthritis in both knees, hips, upper spine, lower spine, fingers & toes.Cal you tell me if the initial cronic pain , which I have had on and off for about 3 years, subsides after a while? thanks

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,462
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you are in such a painful situation with your arthritis right now. What you are experiencing sounds much like a nasty flare up, but we would be unable to confirm that.

What may be helpful is for someone medically qualified to examine you if the problem you are currently experiencing is unfamiliar to you.

But if you are dealing with a familiar problem, but the severity is a concern for you, you may need to check with your GP over how to manage it.

Generally with osteoarthritis there can be there acute flare ups which can be most distressing, but can be managed. The aim of a lot of the self-management support that our training and groups offer is for the bad flare ups to happen less frequently.

If you'd like some more information on paper about self-management just e-mail helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk with your full name and postal address and we can send you more about this.

I hope this will help

Guy