Ankylosing Spondiltis

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 30. Nov 2008, 15:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,
I've recently had xrays done on my lumbar region, chest and hips and dr has mentioned AS. Hope you don't mind me asking but does anyone have this and if so what are your experiences of it?
Thanks,
Magenta x

Comments

• charmaine
    charmaine Member Posts: 9
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    magenta wrote:
    Hello,
    I've recently had xrays done on my lumbar region, chest and hips and dr has mentioned AS. Hope you don't mind me asking but does anyone have this and if so what are your experiences of it?
    Thanks,
    Magenta x

My Cons says I have spondylosis of the spine.Is that the same thing?
    Good luck,
    Charmaine
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Charmaine,
    I briefly looked up some stuff about AS last night on google and I think spondolitis of spine is different. I'm going to look up some more stuff tonight. Hope you are feeling ok :wink:
    Magenta x
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi again,
    I looked up google and there's a sight for NASS-National Ankylosing Spondylitis Society where it gave me a brief description of both Spondylosis and AS. Spondylosis is 'wear and tear' in spine and AS is an inflammatory condition that produces new bone which leads to fusion! I don't like the sound of either :shock:
    Magenta x
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Scottishlass,
    You made me laugh :lol: My hubby tells me that EVERYNIGHT! He wants to hide the laptop but I can look stuff up at work-he he! I know I'm mad doing it but I just can't help it!!!
    I will try to stop :wink:
    Magenta x
  • gettinby
    gettinby Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Magenta,stop googling stuff now..you will frighten the life out of yourself wummin,
    I know through experience,when i was 1st diagnosed with RA,i trawled the internet for hours looking for info,and oh yes i found plenty :shock: what i didnt appreciate was most stuff on the internet came up with the worst case scenario,now i only occassionaly have a wee peek at well established british sites..Honest :lol:
    hope you get results soon magenta,and also hope its nothing worrying x

Ah, but if we didn't Google how would we find this site :wink:

I do agree though that all things in moderation, Doctors hate patients that Google.
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    Options
    Magenta,stop googling stuff now..you will frighten the life out of yourself wummin,
    I know through experience,when i was 1st diagnosed with RA,i trawled the internet for hours looking for info,and oh yes i found plenty :shock: what i didnt appreciate was most stuff on the internet came up with the worst case scenario,now i only occassionaly have a wee peek at well established british sites..Honest :lol:
    hope you get results soon magenta,and also hope its nothing worrying x
    Hi Scottishlass is right the stuff on the internet would frighten you , I never look up stuff , the gp tells me what I need to know and the ac board.

take care
    Mike R & Hazel :D:D:D:D:D:):):):)
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR