Pain and loss of strength in my arms

Options
treatments
treatments Member Posts: 2
:( Hello i have had pain and a dull ache in my arms throughout the daytime and all night and have also lost the strength in my arms. When i try to pick something up that i would not have had problems with last year i find that there is just no strength in my arms!
The dull ache goes on through the night and keeps me awake until i finally fall asleep after tossing and turning most of the night.
There is also similar dull ache in my hands which have small lumps appeared on the joints which i am wondering if this could be arthritis?
Can anyone tell me if they have the same symptoms as this? Please help me i dont know how many more nights/days i can take this! :(

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,487
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    treatments wrote:
    :( Hello i have had pain and a dull ache in my arms throughout the daytime and all night and have also lost the strength in my arms. When i try to pick something up that i would not have had problems with last year i find that there is just no strength in my arms!
    The dull ache goes on through the night and keeps me awake until i finally fall asleep after tossing and turning most of the night.
    There is also similar dull ache in my hands which have small lumps appeared on the joints which i am wondering if this could be arthritis?
    Can anyone tell me if they have the same symptoms as this? Please help me i dont know how many more nights/days i can take this! :(

Hello

It seems that you have had osteo arthritis for quite a while. Have you been to the doctor recently about the loss of strength in you arms? It could be that you general strength has deteriorated. It may be a good idea to get things checked out by the doctor especially if this pain is keeping you awake at night. You doctor may also be able to refer you for physio which will help stregthen your muscles all over. Weak muscles feel more pain than strong ones so it is really important to take up some sort sort of physical exercise before you really get stuck in this viscious circle. Lack of Sleep is not going to help with pain tolerance either so it really is important you speak to your doctor about this.

If it would help to talk this through with one of us please do pick up the phone we are here everyday between 10am-4pm.

Best wishes

Simona