pathways to work interview

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
Hi
I have off work for 7 and a half months and am now on half pay from work. I am receiving ESA (new incapacity benefit), and have just received a letter asking me to attend a pathways to work interview on 23rd feb. I am having my THR on that day and have rung them to inform them of this. Also I am hoping to start a phased return to work between 6-12 weeks aftermy op. I also told them that. However they say i need to be seen, and if i can`t go on the 23rd (erm..no i`ll be in theatre etc..!) when will i be able to go.
I have been told I will be able to drive at about 6 weeks after so said maybe then. But this is not soon enough for them. I am waiting for someone else to ring me back, but I feel i will be wasteing mine and their time as I have a job, and want to go back as soon as I am able. What should I say/do? Any suggestions? :?
NB

Comments

• petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi nearlybionic, they made me go for the 1st one, however as it was a bad day for me I think it scared them so now they have only telephone contact. I think in your circumstances however there should be a mechanism for then to for ego office appointment. Linda
  • nearlybionic
    Hi Linda
    Thanks for your reply. I had another phone call and the man asked if i could attend a week after my hip replacement! I said, NO I may not even be out of hospital, (my op is a bit complicated and i will need bone grafts too) He seemed to completely misunderstand what my op was. I thought the name was quite self explanantory!!
    When I explained it in more detail, he said he`d contact me mid April!
    Hopefully by then I will be looking at returning to work soon after.
    NB
  • mandy_b1967
    mandy_b1967 Bots Posts: 115
    I went to a work based interview about three weeks ago in my town. Just had another letter and I now have to go to another on thats 10 miles away. They told me if I get the bus they will pay my bus fare but if I drive I will only get something like 25p a mile for petrol and they dont pay parking. I said I would be driving as I couldnt sit on the bus for over an hour. I aked if I could park nearby and they suggested the car parks in the town, about a 15 minute walk (at average pace) to their offices!!!! Do these people not realise they are dealing with people that are less abled and should take this into concideration!!!
    Mandy
  • nearlybionic
    Hi Mandy,
    I am sorry you are having problems with thoughtless people too. Obviously they do not think about who they are dealing with! If we were able to either sit on a bus for over an hour or walk comfortably long distances, we probably wouldn`t need to go to see them in the first place!!
    I hope you get things sorted soon
    NB
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    Just an update. I had a phone call this morning, asking me to rearrange this appointment. I explained I am seeing the consultant tomorrow, and my work`s occy health are contacting me the following day to discuss my return to work. He wanted me to go to see them some time in May. I `might` be starting my return to work by then, so he has arranged for me to go next week.
    If I am going back to my job soon, what can he do for me (or vice versa)??
    I will go though if I must. :roll:
    NB
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Last year I had to see an employment advisor the week before going back to work. Phoned and explained, but still had to go as part of the procedure, but when I went it was just 5 mins explaining and that was that. Except I'd been back at work a month, when I had a phone call to say I must have a medical if I still wanted incapacity payments :roll: I said that some extra money on top of my wages would be nice, but I thought it might break the law :D They didn't phone again. I wonder why :?: :D Love Sue
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    I had my `pathways` interview today. It was not a long interview. He took details of my conditions, surgery etc... Asked about my job, employer, whether I thought I could still do my job :shock: . I have a meeting with HR and bosses from work next week, so he asked about that. He discussed a benefite for people returning to work, £40 a week I think if you work 16 hrs+ and earn less than £15,000
    If I go back to my usual hours I won`t be eligible for this as I will earn too much. He also discussed a chronic condition management scheme in my area and gave me details of the course.
    He said I may get called for the medical despite a gp`s report already being sent to them. And if I am not back at work 5more appointments with Jobcetre plus. Lets hope I`m back at work then!!I had to laugh as he said, `you seem fed up!` Well yes I am in general!! :roll:
    He asked about my job, and when I told him he said, will I be able to do this job now? Well I hope so!! I need to. He said my work could be funny about me needing other surgery. Thanks for that! As if I`m not already worried! :roll:
    Ok thats that done. Next-HR interview. :?
    NB
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    glad your interview went ok sounds as if your guy know a bit more about what he is doing the girl i see seems less than useless lol
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx