is it relavant

Options
bertyboy
bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
i had been on ssp till december no contact from work i just sent my sick notes in and got paid , have claimed esa now , my boss came to see me last friday now he wants to see me tomorrow . i have rang and i think its just a case of him looking after his interest not mine , any body any thoughts on this ,
I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    I was on ssp til end of Dec and also am on ESA now. I work for the NHS and am still getting half wage too. My manager was keeping touch, well I kept in touch with her, to try to get appointments sorted via Occy health, until I had my op. I haven`t contacted work, only a text to a few colleagues to thank them for cards etc, and then I got a letter from occy health asking me to go for an appointment next week. I have spoken to Occy health who did a telephone consultation and will send a report to my manager saying I am waiting to go back to see my consultant next month before they can decide when i can go back to work. I was a bit put out that she didn`t ring me to see how I was doing before arranging for me to go to occy health.
    How long have you been on ESA? Are you receiving any salary from work now? Hopefully your boss is only going to visit re how you are etc and if there is anything they can do to support you. Are you in a union? Or could you have someone with you for support?
    A funny point though re ESA. I was told I could apply for housing/council tax benefit as because I had been off work for 6 months I was classed as not employed!! Even though I explained I have a job to go back to! I wonder if this is something to do with your visit?
    NB
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    no union no occy health no work ether as its building work industrial cleaning x have been on est since end dec, no money from work , i am going through the pathways to work directions appointments at the moment , but don't expect to be able to go back to job i was doing if at all , i was in the same position a couple of years ago went from ssp to jobseekers and in cap and then back to the same job , but never had the boss come to see me , i think he is just doing his bit to cover his self , dismissal and all that xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    I was asked to go to pathways interview on day of op. They said they`d get in touch again, seems daft when I have a job, but if i have to go...
    I hope it goes ok for you, not too stressful.
    NB x