Anyone work in retail ???

Options
13»

Comments

• ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's great news that HR are behind you - well done for standing up for yourself.

Nx
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    markc1 wrote:
    Good luck to you...i have oa which is bad enough!

As previously stated stay positive and confident..dda is on your side.My employers are starting to poo themselves as they know a tribuneral is looming.

Keep us informed :wink:

Well done Mark, so great they are finally taking notice and getting worried! You should be proud of yourself. I'm so glad things are starting to go your way! x
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    topgirl wrote:
    UPDATE.......
    saw GP this morning. He agrees that until it starts working/ right meds..ect...i should not go back in work and has signed me of work for a month.
    I rang HR to inform them and they were really supportive. She is arranging a home visit to look at 'reasonable adjustments'.
    when i asked her to ring my store Manager to let her know i would be off she asked what the problem was...I told her and first of all she agreed that i had done nothing wrong and that in the very least my Manager should apolagise......!!!!!....she asked if my Manager could ring me to do this and i have said yes, but in a few days when im feeling stronger....What a turn up eh!!!

That's great Topgirl, finally getting somewhere. Your GP is totally right. If they can't make it safe for you to work then you shouldn't be there. At last they will finally realise you are in the right here and they will be in big trouble if they don't start taking the proper action. Congratulations, I'm so happy for you xxx
  • topgirl
    topgirl Member Posts: 290
    Options
    Well i got a phone call yesterday of HR. They are going to come and see me at the end of July. She mentioned the incident at work regarding my Manager shouting and even tho i said i didnt want it to go futher, THEY ARE!!!! :shock:
    They said they have a duty to investigate.Now im really worried about going back as there will be an awful atmosphere....What should i do?????.....Help
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi top girl sorry things so bad 4 u dont let them wear u down sounds like that what they trying to do they not aloud to have a go at u on shop floor wether or not u deserved it . the manager sounds like she should get some legal advice or at least some man management training stick with it dont let a bully like that win
    val
  • topgirl
    Options
    Well i had my meeting today and my area manager and HR were very supportive!!!.....i was SHOCKED!!!...I got myself all worked up, all documents, good work collegue.....
    Basically they said to take all the time i need....and when im ready to come back they will do everything they can to make work easier.....
    I feel so much better and i can just concentrate on getting my RA under control rather then worrying about being sacked...
    They also mentioned my 'incident ' with my manager and that i could speak to them at any time if she causes any more problems...
    Great outcome( for now)
    :shock:
    Kay
    xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    glad things getting sorted 4 u and hope u get better soon or at least every thing under control good luck
    val
  • topgirl
    Options
    Thank you
    xx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Kay,

That's brilliant news. Good girl for standing up for yourself. At least you know that your "manager" is being treated as in the wrong and everyone else is on your side.

Nx