Daft injuries with Arthur

Options
2»

Comments

• clare_l_allen
    clare_l_allen Member Posts: 10
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I love to hear all these stories, has anyone ever noticed that once you've done one thing they tend to escalate as well??

I went for a long walk on the beach on holiday last week and woke up the next day in quite a lot of pain (yes, predictable i know, but i cant help myself- i like walking!) so i went to get a pint of water and some pain killers but dropped the pint of water all over the floor, smashing the glass. I then went to get a towel to clean up the mess and stubbed my toe on my way back to the spillage. My boyfriend found me crouched on the floor using the towel to dry my tears rather than the spilled water and obviously had to help me up from the crouch i was then stuck in. At least bad things only happen in threes...... x
    Clare.
    About me:
    I'm nearly 23 and have had RA since I was 13. I take Enbrel and Methotrexate.
    I volunteer for Arthritis Care's Young People's Project in the South of England.
    I like cafes, coffee and cake.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,941
    Options
    A Few years ago on christmas day i had a cold and we had dinner i put some small christmas puddings in the micro wave they had to go in for a min i put them in for longer so when i looked they were on fire smoke every where the fire engine came i had to climb in to have come oxygen. then we had to go across the road dogs as well to a house for a few hours.
    when we got back i phoned a friend and said i bet you have not had a christmas like us.
    it took a few years to live that down.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Last Saturday I rove our new 13 year old caravan onto the driveway I admit I was going a bit fast as after a long drive home my flippers were a tad sore, well got it totally wrong and ripped the side open on one of our new brick wall pillars knocking the top it!, you would have thought that someone who had a fork lift and a riggers and slingers licence would be able to drive through a flippin great gap, god I think Stevie Wonder could have done a better job than me. :oops: :lol:
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Last Saturday I rove our new 13 year old caravan onto the driveway I admit I was going a bit fast as after a long drive home my flippers were a tad sore, well got it totally wrong and ripped the side open on one of our new brick wall pillars knocking the top it!, you would have thought that someone who had a fork lift and a riggers and slingers licence would be able to drive through a flippin great gap, god I think Stevie Wonder could have done a better job than me. :oops: :lol:

:lol: Recently my bad leg went numb and I reversed into my childminer's brick post in her drive knocking it almost off. We had to wait for my hubby who's very strong to come and slide it back on! The car has a big scrape on the back. Just glad I didn't knock the whole thing off and that she knows my illness and saw the funny side, I was totally :oops: