fed up with arthur today!

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 7. Oct 2009, 18:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI Folks,

been having a moan at 'Arthur' today - missed my MTX last week as I had mouth ulcers, but could still take the leflunomide.
This week I have discovered I have a UTI and am on more tablets until results come back, so no MTX again, and no leflunomide till MOnday either :cry:

If you see arthur tell him from me that I am fed up of him and he can sling his hook! :wink:

Must go now ..... need the loo again :oops: :oops: :oops:

Comments

• madness1985
    madness1985 Member Posts: 293
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    im sorry to here your not feeling well and u crnt take your mthx. I hope you fee better soon

p.s arthur is evil this week i want to slap him lol
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    i hate arthur today to, but i won't complain in case he gets angry and makes me hurt more lol!
    i really hope you feel better soon, these things really are sent to try us, not fair though!
    take care and try to relax.
    sue
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi

Sorry you're not feeling so grand. I hope your mouth gets better soon.

Arthur seems to be reeking havoc nationwide. I'll smack his bum when I catch him. :wink:

Take care.

Sharmaine
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Poor you Wonkylegs.
    I bet you want to scream.UTI is bad enough without the arther.They are ganging up on you.Its not fair.
    Get yourself to bed with a lovely hot water bottle.
    Tkachev
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon, Wonky.

You've probably tried this already, but cranberry juice? Makes peeing a lot easier, if you know what I mean - takes the sting out of it (sorry to be so graphic, but I've been there!). If you don't like it on it's own, try it with lemonade (or vodka!), makes a lovely drink.

Nx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I'm sorry you'r not too well, ohhh thats sooo painful, I don't envey you, but hope you feel better soon. Have you tried cranberry juice, it may help a bit, and drink plenty of water and so on. Have a nice peacful, restful day and give the anti biotics time to work. Take care of yourself, and I hope that you are soon back to tell us you'r feeling better! :) Lots of Love & a hug, Sue
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Hi Wonky, Does it really make much difference then, if anyone misses a dose of MTX?

oh, I have to have a flu jab next week, never had to have one before - thanks again to 'arthur' :roll:

Hope you feel much better soon hun.

Jackie x
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Wonky

Sorry you're having so much trouble right now, hope it all gets sorted out soon.

Love
    Vonski x
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    Hi Wonky
    I really feel for you, much as we hate taking the drugs, its definitely worse without them. I do hope your ulcers and infection clear up quickly so you can go back to your normal meds. Zinc and vitamin C are meant to aid the immune system. Its worth a try giving yourself a course of these supplements to see if they can help keep you healthier.
    Hope you feel better soon
    Gillx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Wonkey,

Oh its not fair, you will get there though and hopefully be back on the MTX and start to feel better again soon.

A ((( ))) for you and I am afraid he has donned the nurse costume and is on his way........ :? :roll: :wink:

Pats and (( ))'s to little legs and well get better soon. Cris xx and belated flying slurps from him :wink:
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    So sorry you`re not feeling too good Wonky. Keep snuggling up to Littlelegs, and you`ll soon feel bettter.........Ange.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Wonky

I am so sorry to hear you are not feeling at all well atm. One week of not taking mtx is sort of tolerable, but not at all ideal, I can imagine but not for two weeks must be horrid. I do hope the infection clears up soon. You must be feeling quite jaded.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi wonky I hope you are OK and perhaps a bit better
  • woodbon
    Options
    HI Wonky
    How's it going (no pun indtended) :wink: I really hope the meds are working and you are feeling a lot better today and have a good week-end. I still love the week-ends even though I'm not working at the moment, as it nice to see Jerry, my husband!

Take care and lots of love, Sue
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    hope u will feel better soon i will give arther a kick for u and everyone else he is being a right devil! from joanne
    Joanne
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Have you seen my post on colder weather. I think we are all suffering because of the colder weather. Need to start getting the heat pads out etc. Wrap up warmer.

joy
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Options
    Me too - hope you are feeling better! Take care, thinking of you, love Josie x
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi The weather does get to you and its raining here this evening :roll:. It really seems to get into my bones. :(:wink:
    Love Sue
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    We are being spoilt and having lovely sunny weather the past few days in the south east. Admittedly it is dark at 6.30 am and gets chilly around 6.00 ish but it is October so us lot over here cannot complain.

I hear we are to have rain over the weekend though and high winds. Luvverly :roll: I shall do some baking if that is the case. :D
    Keep warm that way, with the oven on and fill the freezer at the same time!

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    HI Folks,
    you are a really grreat bunch of people - thanks so much.

Only just got the energy to come on here ....... yesterday I started with a sore throat, just to prove that Arthur doesn't have a sense of humour! :roll: :x

Today it has turned into a full blown mother and father of all colds, & I feel like I have been through the ringer, complete with repetitive sneezes (thank goodness the tablets are working for my other problem! :wink::lol: ) aches everywhere and sooooooooo tired. Hot and cold too!

Rang up GP in the hope that Wednesday's blood tests would suffice, but no, had to go and get another FBC done this morning. Haven't got results of either, so it must not be too bad. had to go in through the back door and sit away from everyone else .... feel sorryfor the GP who insisted on looking at my throat. Hope she doesn't go down with whatever this is next week!

Anyway, am dose up with everyhting I can take, am sitting here with a huge flask of hot ribena, and am hoping that I will feel a bit better in the morning.

TRhank you all for your good wishes - it is great to know you are all out there.

PS - Cris - he (slipperboy) does make an excellent nurse ... although Littlelegs is monopolising him as she is not feeling 100% tonight.
  • skezier
    Options
    I really hope you do feel better tomorrow Wonky. You go steady, make slipper boy make you tea or drinks and I hope Little Legs will be back on form tomorrow as well. (((((((( )))))))) xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    thanks cris - hopefully she will be fine .... she hasn't eaten any prohibited things today as far as we know.

she had lost even more weight when we weighed her on Monday, and the Burns people suggested porridge (made with water) with each meal to fill her up, and a fried egg a couple of times a week. not sure I want to try the egg again .... fed her one last night , really fresh too, and today she has been decidedly dodgy in the tummy dept. :roll:

slipper boy liked his though, and he's been ok....... must be used to eggs eh?
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

Fried egg doesn't sound too good for a dog with a bit of tummy problems. Burns is a good food but have you ever tried convalescent feed as well as her normal one? They are like us and carbs will put weight on but carbs can also upset their systems. Porridge may be a good idea (I think he will be sat there with his bib on and never want to come home :wink: ) and I really hope she goes back to her normal self soon.

You s well, they say stay at a constant temperature if you can, and plenty of rest. I will cross my fingers for you both. ((( ))) Cris xx

Oh don't show him the fridge cus he is a confirmed egg eater :wink::lol: x
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    thanks for that - I will try anything for her .... the food is suiting her - she seems really happy - but she has lost nearly 2 kg, and when you think that she now weighs what she did when she first came to us, aged 1, 6 years ago from the rescue place, it has started to worry me.

If only I could stop her eating everything she finds on the ground when walking her - seriously thinking of getting a muzzle, though I hate the thought of using it. maybe just as a consequence of bad behaviour? ..... still not convincing myself though!

Why don't dogs learn that when they eat 'naughties' they are bound to have an upset tum ? :roll: :roll:
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    Hi folks,
    jost popped on here to check in and see what you've all been up to.
    Not had the energy to post much on here ..... we have both spent the weekend feeling awful, but hubby started with this cold/bug AFTER me but was well enough to go to work today. me .... coughing etc still and I started on Thursday!!

hopefully will get to go out somewhere other than the GP surgery (had to take another sample in today :roll: ) - at least my blood results came back 'normal' (for me anyway! :wink: )

littlelegs is the totally healthy one right now .... might start eating here food ...... I'll try anything that might work :lol::lol: