Options
2»

Comments

• carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    suzster wrote:
    Yes i have a matinee jacket, a baby blanket and a double bed throw on ebay at the moment. Currently making another baby blanket. If you want something in particular just let me know and i'll try and list it for you.

X

hmmm, well at the moment my daughter is a size 3-4 yrs, jumpers are always better slightly bigger!!!
    something i'd really like is a poncho for her, they are so good to put on when she's in a pushchair and it's cold, she won't keep a cosytoes or blanket on but a poncho is perfect!! keeps her warm but she can't easily throw it off!!
    her puchchair is bright pink so it needs to match, or at least not clash!!
    if you can make one, please let me know!
    her grandma promised to make one last year but it never actually got done and i cannot find any nice ones in the shops, the ones i've found are not soft and snuggley like hand knitted wool ones!!!
    sue[/quote]

I would need to know her chest measurement please since this is how most patterns work. What colour would you like?
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,943
    Options
    Hi Carol.
    From when i was a teenager i did horse riding with my twin sister we taught disabled children to ride.we have cerebral palsy.
    after 25 years we stopped and i started going swimming at a hydrotherapy pool i'm still doing that now i also go to the gym.
    and i love taking my dog for a walk on my mobility scoota,
    i love being on this forum.
    i take photo's and put them on jigzone and make them into puzzles.
    i love westlife i've seen them live twice.
    this year i found out i have oa and its slowed me down i'm 68. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Since retiring I have become a full time artist. I paint everything and anything - from seascapes,landscapes to portraits, life drawing and contemporary. When I am painting with my grandchildren, it turns into Modern. I have 3 pictures on the go at the moment, all watercolours and commissions.
    I use to knit, lace making in my early years. My Great Aunt taught me how to make lace when I was 12. She also embroidered. I do tapestry sometimes and have started reading again. Aunty use to embroider hankerchiefs and the back was as good as the front, so that was how I approached all my work after that. Unfortunately, my hands are so bad I am just grateful that I can use my paint brushes with the aid of tubigrip and splints.
    At present, I have pictures exhibited in our local art gallery and hopefully, Wellingborough Museum from early November. Have just taken them in for selection today.
    I use to love gardening, but that is difficult at the moment. I envy anyone who can still do knitting with arthritis, but then, my aunt did until she was 90 and she had dreadfully arthritic hands.

joyful
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Carol

I like anything to do with the arts. I enjoy going to art galleries, and have been to some of the best in the world, but there are many more I would like to see. It never ceases to amaze me that human beings can create such beauty. I also go to a painting class, which I enjoy tremendously. I am not brilliant at it, but I love it.

I like going to the theatre, and the cinema. I am a ballet fan, and like to see the Royal Ballet when I can. I did ballet myself when I was young, so have always loved it, but I enjoy any kind of dance.

I am interested in history too, and enjoy visiting archaeological sites, and historic houses.

I am a cat lover, and have a cat called Tommy Tucker ( because he sings for his supper) If I ever win the lottery, I will open a cattery for unwanted cats.

I like being in the company of children because I spent all my working life teaching them. Now, I have fun with my three grand-daughters, who keep me on my toes.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    I would need to know her chest measurement please since this is how most patterns work. What colour would you like?[/quote]

i'll get the tape measure out and let you know!!
    sarah's favourite colour is yellow, always has been!
    sue
  • carol101
    Options
    suzster wrote:
    I would need to know her chest measurement please since this is how most patterns work. What colour would you like?

i'll get the tape measure out and let you know!!
    sarah's favourite colour is yellow, always has been!
    sue[/quote]

Would that be like a baby lemon or bright yellow or more of a gold colour?
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    Would that be like a baby lemon or bright yellow or more of a gold colour?[/quote]
    sarah likes any yellow, but i think a bright yellow would be nice and cheerful , we need some cheer now the cold weather is here.

i can't find my tape measure, annoyingly people borrow it and don't put it back, but i'm on the hunt!
    sue
  • carol101
    Options
    suzster wrote:
    Would that be like a baby lemon or bright yellow or more of a gold colour?
    sarah likes any yellow, but i think a bright yellow would be nice and cheerful , we need some cheer now the cold weather is here.

i can't find my tape measure, annoyingly people borrow it and don't put it back, but i'm on the hunt!
    sue[/quote]

I have some bright yellow yarn at home already so good choice!
    No rush for the measurements. Some patterns do say like, 2-3yrs etc but i'd rather have a proper measurement so i know it will fit!
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi

I used to love to knit made all my own jumper cardigans. Made all sorts. I wanted to learn crocheting but just could'nt get the hang of it. I love animals. I have some that I "adopted" or sponcered. Chimps Orang Utangs and donkey. In process of adopting another donkey.

I love reading, I like to read true story's. Read all Torey Haden's books now I'm reading Cathy Class she was a foster mum for 20 years now she writes about the children she fostered. Love music.

I used to go swimming a lot. Everyday, really.

I married still am, but have been dogged with illness, now a mile long. Lost my legs so now in a wheelchair. Then I got RA and OA

Have a sweet little grandson who is coming home this year for Chrstmas. Looking forward to it very much, cannot wait.

trish xx
  • carol101
    Options
    Hi Trish. I got myself a book and learnt crochet from there. I still have a lot to learn, really only do blankets and the moment but have learnt quite a few different stitches. I haven't yet discovered how to increase and decrease but i'm sure i'll get there. Shame there isn't somewhere on here where we can all post photo's, be it our crafts, our family, anything really. Would be nice to put a face to the names!

I also enjoy reading but my knitting and crochet does take over. I haven't read a book for ages. The last one i read was one of Katie Price's (Jordan) I like auto/biographies and real life stories. I used to read Catherine Cookson a lot but when they started showing them on TV, i lost interest a bit. Also as my husband and i like spending all our time together (we even work together) i find knitting and crochet more sociable as i can't read and talk!

The animals you sponsor, is it the kind of thing where you get newsletters throught the year? My mum sponsored an otter once. Well actually it was a christmas present from my brother to her. I don't know where he got the idea from but it is a good way of raising money to help look after animals.

Hugs

Carol X
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    debbierose wrote:
    I love horse riding when I can get on board and hold the reins, I love going around the county shows showing them. well my daughter and hubby do that bit I just watch.
    I love training my dog Dexter Doodle who is a labradoodle and my man Friday.
    I love travelling and have just discovered train journeys.
    I love buying bargains off eBay I love my Internet.
    I love reading and finding out the stories behind the stories.
    I love TV. I love meeting new people and chatting.
    I love taking photos of any thing. I like making fascinators for special occasion's, I love going to the horse races on ladies day.
    I love having my hair done.
    thee that keeps me very busy usually.

Ah a country lover good on ya, my daughter would like you she's mad about horses and want's to go to Ascot when she's older.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    Don't tell anyone but I'm actually an adult movie star :oops:

Luv Anonymous :wink:

You’re flippin Felicity Kendal aren’t you!?, WOW what a babe she floats me boat big time! hey just remind me never to get you and your mate from Rosemary and Thyme round to do my garden as I don’t want to die just yet ok. :wink:
  • carol101
    Options
    I have finally sussed out how to put photo's on here. If you view my profile, there is now a link with a couple of photos of my family and loads of my knitting and crochet

Carol XX