Options
    valval wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    valval wrote:
    while at school very shy

Hi Val

You are also a very sweet person.

Joan[/q
    u would not say that if u up set one of my kids (well when they were few years back) they come home from there pals house in tears one day the person next door who they called the whitch told them she did not want them near there house as they break peoples windows with out owning up to it. well i saw red went down there and asked her which window and then told her in no uncertain terms that she was wrong and to leave my kids alone i then went to my next door neighbor who had started it his double glazed window had cracked and he found a deflated plastic football in his yard and decided it was my kids well i must admit put him straight on that as there was no way either of them could kick hard enough to make the ball travel that distance and the ball was one of those cheep plastic ones which would break nothing. i was shaking with rage when i got in poor kids had done nothing wrong and were scared stiff . must admit it the only time i have lost it like that but u have to look after your kids and they r not angles but would have said something if they had done it. they were so upset because they had not done it .

Hi Val

That makes you even sweeter in my book

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Val, that took me back! When we first came to live here, our next door neighbour was a retired headmistress. She NEVER gave my boys a minutes peace. She lived for her garden, and was constantly saying that their ball had gone over. It may well have done occasionally, but as we backed onto a field - which my two spent most of their time on - it could have been anyone. On one occasion she actually cut a very expensive ball in half and tossed it back.

One day, I heard loud voices, so I shot out, in time to hear her accusing my little un once again. I was about to combust, when I heard him say"When did you say it was Mrs Thomas" - that must have pleased her as she was a spinster!. She told him that it was at precisely 2 o`clock the day before, and she knew it was him as she had seen his blond head. To which he very politely replied "Well, it wasn`t bloody me Mrs, cos I was in Stratford-upon-Avon with the school". I was so proud of him, but he then spoiled it by saying "It was that Adrian Sweeney" I bet. Poor little ****, I remember bawling him out for swearing!! Still, did him no harm.

She mellowed with age, and actually had their graduation photo`s on her piano in later years.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Ange

I've sent you a PM

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    do u think it because i am sign of the bull lol see red but very rare take lots to set me off rather turn other cheek than up set some one
    val
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, in 1979 I was 21 and started working at a local hospital as a nursing auxilliary, really enjoyed it it suited my caring nature, I started dating a soldier, he asked me in 1982 to marry him, it wasn't what I wanted, then he went on active service and changed alot so we broke up in 1983.

My grandad was diagnosed with cancer in 1985 so I gave up working at the hospital to help care for him at home, but I had great friends so went out quite a bit, I will admit to getting drunk alot love Jaspercatxx
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    When I was younger I studied art. I painted, sculpted and did photography and it sort of became a way of life. I was quite the hippy/alternative one with a dash of goth for good measure. I wore long flowing skirts with Doc Martin boots and had jet black hair down to my belt. I wore black eyes and loads of jewellery and behaved like some sort of feminist neo nazi.
    I was all about womans liberation and equality for the sexes and did loads of art work on it. I thought I was going to spend my life roaming around the world on my own on some amazing adventure and was never going to marry/settle down!I also hated children and would walk on the other side of the street to avoid crossing paths with one!
    I was really poor when I was younger and worked a 40 hour week at a supermarket doing night shift to get myself through uni, I remember being really stressed and tired.I was also incredibly shy when I was younger and I don't really recognise the person I was now I look back.

A x :)
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    annebr wrote:
    tkachev wrote:
    suzster wrote:
    i was very into heavy metal and glam rock. big hair, tight shiny black leggings, dm boots and of course my leather jackets! one that was black with tassels and studs and one with a picture of ozzy osbourne painted on the back!
    most of my mates rode big bikes, harleys were my favourite! i actually went to a hells angels party once, would be terrified now but i went out with a man who worked in a bike shop that was run by the angels and he used to take me out on a very fast drag (harley) bike!
    i spent alot of time in london, i used to hang round the kerrang! (a heavy metal magazine) office on carnaby street hoping to see some famous people!!
    then at the age of 31 i married a goth!!
    sue[/quote

Hi Suzster

My daughter was in the same class as Ozzys son Jack and I used to see him at school parent evenings.Apparently we were invited to his house for a party(my daughter reminded me the other day when she visited) but I realy dont remember that!

With two older brothers I was dragged along to see some Punk bands in 76 and 77 so got into that look but then into the mod/scooter scene from 78.That has been my life since then.Cannot get to many scooter rallies now but still have scooters and friends keep us in touch.
    We wore suede coats and knee length skirts,flat shoes and had short hair,then moved onto psychedelic look(I remember some of the guys in afghan coats and john lennon glasses)I still have my batwing paisley mini dress.Then the army green look came in with long plaited rats tails in our hair(remember that look Kate Kelly?),jackets covered in patches and boxing boots!Practical for sitting on the Lambrettas for long journeys in the cold,wet British weather.
    In photos I looked so young and healthy!
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth

Elizabeth,

I remember going to Northern Soul all nighters, thr guys talcing the floor before they danced. My first time on a scooter....

Still pop into mod night every now and again, although I was also into rockabilly, psychobilly.

Anne

Hi Anne

Darent go anywhere near a talced floor nowadays.Recent party I went to had sawdust on the floor and a slope down to the bar.But as I have felt like a caged animal for so long I didnt care!
    If ever down London way let us know,we can go to an allniter!!!!(that is all night dancing incase anyone thought otherwise).
    Cheers
    Elizabeth.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein